TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mrlowlight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
206823473-L.jpg

yes please!

I thought Tuscany was about lush greens (at least during spring), blue sky, fluffy white clouds. Maybe it is a cliche but that's the way I like the pictures from Tuscany; the almost monotone/sepia treatment does not work for me at all here. Moreover the ground is a bit underexposed but that might be a matter of personal taste. In terms of composition, I would prefer to see the complete house on the left side.

Steph thanks for your thoughts, sometimes I like cliche too and the house on the left was connected to another building that didn't look good...Anubis thanks...I haven't seen that movie yet.

Right from when I first saw this photo I was thinking Steph's thoughts ... but that is just me and the colour green. Those who have known me for a while on here know about that colour and me ... and the :lovey: there is ;).

So while I appreciate your wanting to leave the path of the cliché, here in miss that very cliché...

Good take. I think you depart from the cliche gracefully. It wasn't desperate, and it works. In fact, I think it is a good complement to the "happy green" cliche. Not that I believe in duality.

But you should work on the quality of the image. Use a polarizer filter for the sky to make it more dramatic. Currently a great majority of the sky is blown out. Also the composition is too busy, look for another vantage point that is more simple.

Edit: I'm making myself sound too confusing. I meant it worked in terms of the feel you're going for.

Corinna I have picked up in my short time here that you are partial shall we say to green, so I can see how this rendition doesn't appeal :)....phototron I did use a polarisor but the process I used to do this image washed it out and there is no other vantage point for this direction. Here is the original image for cliche lovers ;)

204658047-L.jpg

Use mask during your process then, I'm assuming you're talking about photoshop.

Use mask during your process then, I'm assuming you're talking about photoshop.

no it was an action called Platino effect, it does a digital representation of the Platinotype print. I was trying out the effect on different files and quite liked the effect. Regarding masks it's next on the list of PS tasks to learn.

Roger - come into my arms
5.gif
. GREEN clichés for me all the way, please. :biggrin:
THANK YOU!

Most reactions

Back