Antarctica - King Penguins

You just post these to make the rest of us jealous. We have folk comnnected with the Cambridge Antartic survey living near us and can see why they get hooked on the region. Something special about the Charlie Chaplains of the bird world - always favourites.

Wow, guys, I'm so glad you enjoyed these pics!! Penguins are indeed one of nature's comedians. They are very funny to watch.

And here's a better scan of the first pic, above...
kingchickwh9.jpg

Wow what an amazing experience. I really love the first and the last. On the first I would crop out about 1/4 on the right side, removing the penguin in the more immediate foreground and bring the king penguin chick closer to the right 1/3 line. That would further isolate the brown chik and help add to the whole of this shot. It is great how you have the subject up close and the diminishing focus to take you all the way through the depth of this shot.

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments!

Ray, my mind boggles at the thought of the type of pictures you would bring home from an Antarctic trip. Many bird lovers go on those trips because many hard to find species are viewable. You must put it on your list of places to go.

Most reactions

Back