Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The London Zoo has quite a few species of birds. Here is a sampling:

1. Burrowing Owl
img5413pcrbn0.jpg

2. The Tawny Frogmouth
img5435prcy2.jpg

3. This is the newborn baby of the Tawny Frogmouth, being fed earthworms by the owl keeper. It was a little ball of fluff just 3 inches (8 cm) long.
img5419pcrre0.jpg

4. The lilac-breasted roller (ah-MAZ-ing colours on this one!!!! Which I saw from afar while on safari in Africa, so I was thrilled to see it closer up at the zoo. LP let me use his big lens to get this picture!)
img5382prgq1.jpg

5. A vulture or buzzard, the exact type I can't recall.
img5554pcrds0.jpg

6. Pelican
img5369prin7.jpg

well its a Vulture but I couldn't tell which one.

#3 is a little bit on the special side

but my fave just has to be #4

Agreed: Photo 4 is extra nice, not only because this bird has wonderful colours, but also because you got to use "the lens" and used it really really well (my pic would have had camera shake, I am just sure!) and, of course, becauset this lovely bird got the best background ever possible :D.

awwww baby owl is way cute! but must say that lilac brested roller is nice too!

(I'll have to dig up one of the other 'roller' pictures where it was looking right at the camera with a very saucy look.)

Any suggestions for improving on these shots? Other than the roller shot, which is pretty crisp, I think the other shots could have been sharper.

#4, 5, and 6 are so beautiful. Especially #5 the hunched over pose is kinda creepy, but so beautiful.

(I'll have to dig up one of the other 'roller' pictures where it was looking right at the camera with a very saucy look.)

Any suggestions for improving on these shots? Other than the roller shot, which is pretty crisp, I think the other shots could have been sharper.

just do a little bit of sharpening and they will probably come out a treat

Wow very nice Anty! I also have to say #4 as my favorite. Gorgeous.

#4 is just stunning.
Good glass does help with the colour saturation, I'm surprised LP didn't let you keep the Big lens....
As Andy said just a touch with the sharpening tool and they all will be perfect. (Hey, who am I to say? I keep badgering Andy for help on some of my shots!!!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back