Anty!

And just three weeks ago I read antarctic ice was at record thicknesses and at record square surface miles with Penguin populations flourishing. My, this global warming thing sure is fast!

can't see what the fuss is all about, it's not like its Otters or anything

There are penguins in a Hilton in Hawaii...outside...I saw em.

I'm sure they'll be fine...lol.

Global warming is a scam...they can't get their story straight.

Let's all blame the sun, when clearly the sun is the biggest factor in our heating...

That's like saying the people are what makes a house warm, when clearly it's hotter when the furnace is on...

Sorry for the hijack!

Penguins are awesome!

There are penguins in a Hilton in Hawaii...outside...I saw em.

I'm sure they'll be fine...lol.

Global warming is a scam...they can't get their story straight.

Let's all blame the sun, when clearly the sun is the biggest factor in our heating...

That's like saying the people are what makes a house warm, when clearly it's hotter when the furnace is on...

Sorry for the hijack!

Penguins are awesome!

:lol:

Oh dear, only just now saw this! You shoulda posted a warning...almost gave me a heart attack to see what the story was about.

It's actually quite serious what's going on down there (for the penguins). A few years ago winds pushed the floating ice back onto the land, creating 'mountains' of ice by the shore that the adults weren't able to scale to get to the ocean to get food for the chicks. Whole colonies of chicks died. So much of one year's worth of chicks were taken out of the equation, with the resulting trickle down effect on the future population. Now this (the increased winds and thinner ice affecting their survival/viability) is another blow to the ability of these species to continue. The cumulative effect of the reduced size of the colonies will eventually take it's toll. But they're 'tough little birds'. I hope they adapt to and overcome this hurdle

Most reactions

New Topics

Back