Any Bakers here???

Not a baker but a candle stick maker.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PS- I also make my own pizza dough (with yeast added), but use the Ninja and it takes about an hour. But, I let it rise on the pizza stone and toss in a ton of herbs. And I use roughly the same recipe to make flatbread.

Ever tried cold proofing the dough? I use less yeast than the standard ratio and throw it into the fridge to rise for a day or two -- get a lot of interesting flavor from the longer fermentation time. It's the closest thing I've found to pizzeria crust.
If you want to get that pizzeria crust you are on the right track. Good pizzeria style crust is a double rise crust. The dough is prepared the day before use. Set out in a warm setting to rise. An hour later come back, punch the dough down, kneed it to evenly distribute the gluten, divide into one pound portions, turn the dough under itself and roll into a ball. Chill the balls over night. The first rise gives the dough the time to form the gluten needed to have a stretchy dough. The second slower rise is what gives the yeast the chance to impart that yeasty flavor into the dough. Give it a try.

Most reactions

Back