Any CC Appreciated! :-)

Sarah Phillips

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings!
I am new to the forum, although not really new to photography. I am just getting back into it after a year or so of putting it on the back burner while going through my divorce. I'm finding that I have to re-learn a lot of things I used to know...

With that being said, I was wondering if I could get some constructive criticism on a shot I took the other night. It was so, so cold, but I really wanted to capture the stunning moon. I didn't have a lot of time to stand there and play with settings because I wanted to just get the shot & get back inside before any damage occurred to my camera and lens. This was the result...

Any CC welcome! :02.47-tranquillity:

Edited using PaintshopPro 2019
Canon EOS 80D
ISO 500
Shutter 1 second
f/10
117mm

Moon1_21_2019(1)FW.jpg
Moon1_21_2019(2)FW.jpg

Last edited:
Hello and welcome, lets see more of your images..?

I like the first one using the branches to frame the moon and with that bit of color above the white clouds. By the second one it looks like it was more behind a branch and maybe getting a bit darker/more cloud cover.

Welcome. I like 1 the best also. I empathize about the cold. I went out and took a few shots of the eclipse.

Thank you so much everyone! I liked the first one better too. But it wasn't as in focus, I thought, as the second one.

Jeff15,
I have many other images I could share. Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but I'll try to narrow it down to just one or two of my favorites & post them here... :allteeth:

Okay, here's some more. (So I lied... I had a difficult time narrowing it down to just two. Haha)

The first one I took a long time ago, but it's still one of my favorites. It was shot with a Sony DSC-H1 - the very first camera I had when the photography bug bit me. :allteeth:
The second one is something a little different than a landscape, but I had a lot of fun shooting that series of images! That one was shot with my last camera before I upgraded, Canon EOS 50D.
The third one is one I took with my Canon EOS 50D. One of many, many sunset shots!
The fourth one was also shot with my Canon EOS 50D. There is just something about this scraggly little tree in our backyard that fascinates me. I have photographed it from several different angles.

Thank you for your interest & I hope you enjoy! And of course, cc always welcome! :1247:

AutumnField_FW.jpg IMG_6497PSP_FW.jpg IMG_5472PSP_FW.jpg IMG_6442Copy_FW.jpg

Nice light and landscape there :) As for the moon shots, I agree that the first is better composed.

Thank you so much everyone! I liked the first one better too. But it wasn't as in focus, I thought, as the second one.

Jeff15,
I have many other images I could share. Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but I'll try to narrow it down to just one or two of my favorites & post them here... :allteeth:

A 1 second shutter? It had to be on a tripod? If you were able to get it that good handholding while shivering at night, my hat's off to you!

I like #1 the best as well. Framing, better light. Here's a suggestion for a variation, not that it will make the photo better but just because I like that kind of thing. Try increasing the shadows or the black to remove all the detail from the trees so they're entirely in silhouette. Might be neat.

DigiFilm,
Oh, yes. Camera was most definitely on a tripod! No way could I have gotten these shots handheld at -4 degrees! :allteeth:

Thank you for your suggestion! I'll have to go back & try that... :1247:

Welcome. I agree with everyone else about the moon shots--#1 is better b/c the branches frame the moon. You might even think of cropping it more. Love the other 4 you posted.

Most reactions

Back