Any strong opinions on good computer speakers and wireless keyboard / mouse combos?

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking to add a new wireless keyboard / mouse to my new PC and some decent speakers. I don't need any of you technogeeks telling me I need a $699 speaker setup though. :sexywink:

I just want something decent and I don't really care about a subwoofer because I don't listen to music that much on my computer. I want to be able to listen to videos on Youtube and music is secondary, but I don't want crap. Somewhere in the middle (<$100) would be good.

Am I better off buying a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse separately versus in a bundle?

Thanks for any comments.

JClishe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
If you buy a wireless keyboard and mouse as a bundle it will usually have a single dongle that controls both, while if you buy them seperately you're usually dealing with 2 dongles. So I'd recommend a bundle if you can find one that suits your needs. I've had the Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse 6000 v3 bundle for a few years and I love it.

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Jeff.. any of the midrange or top-end Microsoft or Logitech KB/Mouse bundles are great.. can't go wrong. Just decided on what features you want and go for it. I do recommend installing the OEM software that comes with them also (Setpoint or Intellipoint).

On the speakers... I use these at work, and do a lot of teleconferencing, videos, and music with them. They are clear, with good sound reproduction (even adequate bass) Amazon.com: LOGITECH, INC. X-140 2.0 Speaker System LOG9702640403: Computers & Accessories

OP
jwbryson1

jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Jeff.. any of the midrange or top-end Microsoft or Logitech KB/Mouse bundles are great.. can't go wrong. Just decided on what features you want and go for it. I do recommend installing the OEM software that comes with them also (Setpoint or Intellipoint).

On the speakers... I use these at work, and do a lot of teleconferencing, videos, and music with them. They are clear, with good sound reproduction (even adequate bass) Amazon.com: LOGITECH, INC. X-140 2.0 Speaker System LOG9702640403: Computers & Accessories

Thanks Charlie. I just ordered these off of Amazon:

Amazon.com: Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II 2.0 Multimedia Speaker System with BasXPort Technology: Electronics

And this keyboard/mouse combo:

Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless Wave Combo Mk550 With Keyboard and Laser Mouse (920-002555): Electronics

Oh, and by the way, I also just picked up this about 2 weeks ago and it solved ALL my problems connection my new PC to my wireless network. This thing ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazon.com: USB Wireless N Wifi Network Adapter: Electronics

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit

Thanks Charlie. I just ordered these off of Amazon:

Amazon.com: Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II 2.0 Multimedia Speaker System with BasXPort Technology: Electronics

And this keyboard/mouse combo:

Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless Wave Combo Mk550 With Keyboard and Laser Mouse (920-002555): Electronics

Oh, and by the way, I also just picked up this about 2 weeks ago and it solved ALL my problems connection my new PC to my wireless network. This thing ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazon.com: USB Wireless N Wifi Network Adapter: Electronics

Cool! I have a pair of the Creatives similar to those at home, I use them with a mp3 player in the workout area... they sound good! Sounds like you are set!

Most reactions

New Topics