Any tomato people?

keyseddie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From my garden. Purple cherokee and green zebra heirlooms, I think the red ones are big boys, basil, parsley and chives. Peppers from my daughter's garden.
Direct overhead sun diffused by my conservatory roof. f13, 1/160th. On an antique silver platter. I ate half of the one purple cherokee. Great tomatoes.:love:
_MG_3539_zpsb99f96e3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I can vividly imagine how those taste.

When I was learning about food photography one of my first subjects to practise were tomatoes. They have extremely reflective surface and they're not easy to shoot

The only heirloom I have this year of six varieties are Brandywine a late variety. We got our first ripe tom today. Our Peppers are doing great - lotsa hot ones.

Yep, 91 pounds this week. Should break 100 pounds next week. Matter of fact I prepping a batch for canning right now.

Got one Cherokee Purple but no fruit yet -- that's in the ornamental garden. That's the best eatin' tomato there is. We're canning Romas.

Joe

T O M A T O E S :drool:

just ate a few fresh from the garden. Have some purple and white carrots too.

Now I have an idea of what to do with that silver plate that I bought at an estate sale.

Nice! The photo seems a touch warm, but not too bad otherwise.

I think it's a tad under. I didn't want to touch the saturation so this is what they look like. I'm just a simple farmer.

I like the red ones. ;)

I can't stand tomatoes on their own but put them in a BLT or on a burger and I am in!

Absolutely disgusting. Why put a salad on a burger & spoil it?

Because adding vegetable will cancel out one bad food. So putting a tomato on will cancel out the cheese. Add an onion and it cancels out the bacon.

It's science.

Absolutely disgusting. Why put a salad on a burger & spoil it?

Because adding vegetable will cancel out one bad food. So putting a tomato on will cancel out the cheese. Add an onion and it cancels out the bacon.

It's science.
This is true. The theory was first discovered and advanced by Lord Mortimer Fahtbottom of London at a time when the Brits were searching for a food to enhance their baloney sandwiches and cancel out their greasy breakfast traditions. Morty when on to found the world's first foodie organization, WATF (we ain't that fat) and the rest is culinary history.

^^^ I have to assume Eddie is telling us the gospel truth. Because Eddie's not going to exagerrate, is he? :D

I LOVE good garden-grown tomatoes on tuna sandwiches, ham sandwiches, and BLT sandwiches, with sea salt and fresh-cracked pepper and a good portion of a quality mayonnaise. Love them on a burger, and also appreciate them in a family recipe tossed green salad with plenty of good, fresh cocktail shrimp. Not big on eating tomatoes raw whole or slice, plain, or fried, on their own, but as a sandwich/burger/salad/pasta salad ingredient there is not much better than a delightfully fresh, ripe tomato!

Last edited:
I love real, sun-ripened tomatoes. Any variety. And nothing, but nothing says "summer meal" like a good greek salad with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, black kalamata olives, red onions, double-cream feta cheese and a drizzle of olive oil. I'd show you all a picture, but it just seems to disappear as soon as made.

^^^ I have to assume Eddie is telling us the gospel truth. Because Eddie's not going to exagerrate, is he? :D
Today's lunch is proof...for the doubters. 1/2 lb burger with gruyere cheese. With the added green zebras, sautéed 'shrooms and onions, and a long hot. And a whole grain bun!
WATF nutritional info:
Total fat, 1.3 grams
Protein 26 grams
carbs, 2.8 grams
Calories, 42

burger_zps82a75708.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back