Anybody know anything about a sektronic 162

Mike_E

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
The Upper West Side of Mississippi (you have no i
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, I found an old Sektronic 162 at a pawnshop and and was hoping someone could verify how to use it. Either I don't get it or I'm going to have to fix it. I'm hoping that I just don't get it. ;)

Do you mean a Sekonic L-162 meter?

Ummm, why yes it's a Sekonic auto-leader 3 model 162.

That's what I get for trying to type with a kid trying to get me out of the house.

Red seems to be the range with the door over the photoelectric element closed, blue is with the door open and black is with the door open and the bottom door open.

I can't seem to get the pointer to where ever the needle is (or to move at all really) and opening the door on the bottom seems to increase the sensitivity of the needle but intermittently. There is a button that the bottom door should close but I'm unsure whether or not it does.

Ideas before I operate?

I dunno. If the pointer won't move -- that's sounds like repair is needed.

Did you try to Zero it first? Turn the little screw on the bottom till the needlw moves onto the scale, then turn it back just till it hits zero. Also, don't expect a selenium to cell to function well in anything other than natural light.

It's pretty well zeroed and is lively. I was thinking that the dial somehow moved the pointer to match up to the reading indicated by the needle -which is not happening.

Obviously the surgery didn't happen today, maybe tomorrow.

Manual for a slightly later model here. Looks like you are right. The dial should move the "guide mark" to line up with the needle.

IT LIIIVES!!!! IT LI I I I VES!!!

The lube had turned to glue. How old are these things??

It moves nice and easy now! :) It's even accurate down to 1/4 @ f2.8.

Nice little meter for $10 and a half an hour on a gloomy Saturday afternoon. :)

What did you use/do to get the dials working? I am unable to change the asa dial...

What did you use/do to get the dials working? I am unable to change the asa dial...

Welcome to the forum.

Hold the plastic dial and use the little tab that projects from underneath the clear plastic to move it. It should turn easily but if not try heating it with a hair dryer to loosen the lubricants.

If you didn't already know, moisture is what kills the selenium cell so keep it away from water. If you have to operate you should pay attention to the connections too as they get corroded and will stop the meter from working.

Good luck.

mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back