Anyone else having trouble with TPF site

Oh really I view my activity monitor it was sucking the life out of my MBP. Flash Player Causes Overheating? |Adobe Community

I as well as a lot of othere have never been able to duplicate that result, so it's considered a fluke and maybe has to do with other hardware settings that are not part of the software.

Yes, really. It goes back to a feud between Apple and Adobe and the decision was made by Apple to stop supporting adobe products.
Apple and Adobe Flash controversy - Wikipedia

Well glad I don't have anything of adobe on and definitely was the problem solved. :headbang:

If you read the posts they were from 2009 by only a couple people, and 2011 by another and one more in 2015, but the last was fixed by a cleaning of the computer. Dust is a cause of overheating that is widely known in the industry, Flash is not.
~jeromiec83223024
Well, there's no bug, which is why this thread persists. Flash Player doesn't have magic properties that allow it to add additional dust to the inside of your computer, nor does it have the ability to choose a poor thermal management design. Some Flash content uses a lot of CPU, but the reality is that your machine should be able to run at 100% CPU without overheating. If the machine is overheating, it has a cooling problem. We can't fix your cooling problem from software.

Given that this thread is super old, I'm going to lock it. In general, if you have a decent GPU with current drivers, Flash Player will offload as much video and graphics processing as possible to the purpose-built, energy-efficient GPU on your system, as long as you have hardware acceleration enabled (it's on by default).

If your machine is constantly overheating, go buy one of those cans of compressed air from your local office supply store, take the machine outside, and give it a really thorough dusting. Check to make sure all the fans are spinning as expected, and that you're resting the machine on a surface where air can actually enter and leave all the appropriate vents. There's no magic here. If a good cleaning doesn't solve the heat problem, it's time to consult your manufacturer about an in-warranty repair, or your local technician for an evaluation. They might be able to examine the machine and improve the cooling situation with better fans, etc.

@Advanced Photo I believe our trunk is through Atlanta. As I type this the cursor is randomly freezing. Shockware flash is crashing also????????

Open the command prompt, (type cmd into the start search window and open the cmd prompt.
In the window, type tracert thephotoforum.com and hit enter
give it a couple minutes to compile the data and you will see where packets are being lost.

How to run Traceroute in Windows

Directly from adobe then it would have been hacked and got passed SOPHO Real Time anti malware and Bitdefender On Demand some of the best scan engines with high detection rates but of course no are 100 percent So it is possible but i'm running pristine now again could have been a conflict with an update with the OS.I don't need adobe or java so less bloatware to worry about.

Good little site to check if you are experiencing a slow internet. https://www.akamai.com/us/en/soluti.../visualizing-akamai/real-time-web-monitor.jsp
Very little information is there as far as finding the data route to the server and the hops and data loss at each junction. It's more of a visual map and barely ever changes. You will see changes there over a period of years however, but for diagnosing internet communications problems in real time, windows tracert and ping are the best tools for the job.

@ Advanced Photo It looks like 30 hops to TPF, most of the slowdown appears to be between Birmingham > Cogent - Atlanta. timing out. ATT down shows problems there as well :angry:

And the other issue seems to be Chrome. I switched over to Edge, and other than a little slower than usual, I don't have any of the crazy cursor issues.

Guess it's time to uninstall and reinstall Chrome, for the 2nd time this year, or else dump it entirely.

Last edited:
Good little site to check if you are experiencing a slow internet. https://www.akamai.com/us/en/soluti.../visualizing-akamai/real-time-web-monitor.jsp
Very little information is there as far as finding the data route to the server and the hops and data loss at each junction. It's more of a visual map and barely ever changes. You will see changes there over a period of years however, but for diagnosing internet communications problems in real time, windows tracert and ping are the best tools for the job.
facepalm-cat.jpg

It's not a trace route site, it is a world map showing where ongoing internet attacks are occurring in real time.

Maybe you would like this one better. It has pretty animation. Norse Attack Map

Last edited:
No problems with the site, just a couple of the users. :801: :biglaugh:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back