Apple's Jony Ive to design a single Leica

2WheelPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There's already been a white Leica M9-P. He may have to use colors.
(Credit: Leica/viewbug.com) Leica's known for putting out limited editions of its cameras drafted by high-profile designers or for luxury retailers -- Hermes, Audi, and Neiman Marcus versions come to mind -- but the company's entering new fanboy territory by enlisting the creator of Apple's current signature looks, Sir Jony Ive, to create a single limited edition of the new Leica M.
The camera will go up for charity auction in collaboration with U2's Bono.
The Leica M is the company's just-announced 24-megapixel CMOS-based rangefinder, its first to incorporate Live View and video; some might say it's the most digital of Leica's homegrown digital cameras (not counting the ones joint-developed with Panasonic), making it an appropriate choice for what I believe is Leica's first consumer-electronics-designer collaboration. It seems like a good match: for photography, Leica fans rival Apple's in their enthusiasm for shiny devices, and have long shown a distinct willingness to part with large sums of money as individuals, as opposed to en masse, and the choice will engender a huge amount of buzz on the CE blogs, expanding Leica's audience. Design work hasn't begun, but I'm sure there'll be a lot of concept art to keep you entertained while we breathlessly await the official unveiling.

PIC: http://asset1.cbsistatic.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/09/18/9-Leica-White_610x458.jpg

Apple's Jony Ive to design a single Leica | Reviews - Cameras - CNET Reviews

When you're a pro, you only need one.

amolitor said:
ONE BUTTON ONLY!

And 120GB of internal memory that you have to buy Apple's proprietary software to access.

The lens looks a little too big for the body. Maybe someone at Leica needs to step away from the Photoshop for a while.

The lens looks a little too big for the body. Maybe someone at Leica needs to step away from the Photoshop for a while.

Its actually about that size.... Its the latest Noctilux 50mm f/0.95.

See here:

leica.overgaard.dk - Thorsten Overgaard's Leica Pages - Leica 50mm Noctilux-M ASPH f/0.95 - Leitz 50mm Noctilux-M f/1.2 and the Leica 50mm Noctilux-M f/1.0 samples and article

All versions of the Noctilux lenses are large... Here's what the prevous version looks like:

219630538.jpg

Most reactions

Back