What's new

Architectural Detail -- Your Opinion

Ysarex94 88

TPF Supporters
Joined
Nov 27, 2011
Messages
7,717
Reaction score
4,577
Location
St. Louis
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Out for my walk yesterday afternoon and I took this photo of the neighborhood church. I'm debating about the shadow on the wall lower left at the frame edge.

Clone it out or leave it there?

Joe


ambrose.jpg
 
really Interesting; i like the contrasting colors of the bricks and the sky
 
While some of us might wonder what made the shadow, removing it would spoil the balance you have here. Keep it.
 
I like the way that drain pipe echos the roof line!!! That green patina is nice. High technical quality here, with pure white all the way to inky black! One thing about you, your images are always processed with a higher-than-average attention to even the most minute details. So yes...that shadow lower left corner....hmmm...I think I'd try cropping the left side just enough to get rid of the shadow...I think it causes more of a problem than it solves.
 
While some of us might wonder what made the shadow, removing it would spoil the balance you have here. Keep it.

That's exactly where I'm stuck, and unfortunately I'm no longer sure if I can call it because it's started to nag at me. If it wasn't right there on the edge, but it does seem to add value to that otherwise empty space.

Joe
 
I like the way that drain pipe echos the roof line!!! That green patina is nice. High technical quality here, with pure white all the way to inky black! One thing about you, your images are always processed with a higher-than-average attention to even the most minute details. So yes...that shadow lower left corner....hmmm...I think I'd try cropping the left side just enough to get rid of the shadow...I think it causes more of a problem than it solves.

Thanks, the drain pipe roof line is what first caught my attention. I don't want to crop it so it's a clone job in my mind, but I still can't call this one. Here it is cloned out. I first wanted it gone but now that it's gone I want it back.

Trifles make perfection, but perfection is no trifle.
--Mchelangelo

Joe

ambrose2.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom