What's new

Arctic Ice

northierthanthou

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 21, 2012
Messages
39
Reaction score
3
Location
Barrow, AK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$34640_1539361529051_2274487_n.webp

Took this in July of 2010. I used a camera phone.
 
Since you are in such a nice area (no pun!), take a proper camera out there and use the light and the scenes you find :)

Nice Ice BTW :)
 
That's actually why I signed up for the forum, to get suggestions for a decent camera purchase. I and the ice thank you.
 
That's actually why I signed up for the forum, to get suggestions for a decent camera purchase. I and the ice thank you.

I have good experience with the Canon 5D II at temperatures of -30 to -40°C, the camera so far never failed me in those conditions, my eyebrows froze to the eyepiece of the camera, I nearly lost two fingers, and all displays go blind when you breathe, but the shutter would work perfectly ;) :) . Also the 5D II batteries are terrific at those low temperatures. This winter I survived with one battery per week without recharging. My experience with e 5D I batteries at low temperatures was less pleasant.

But I am sure other camera manufacturers also have models which suit the climate.
 
Judging from the photographs, the place you went was amazingly beautiful. Kinda jealous, although i'm one of the persons who can't stand cold temperatures at all. :D
 
Hey thank you for the suggestion. That's a bit out of my price range, but it also helps me to put things in perspective. ...hopefully my own eye won't stick to the camera.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom