f/3.5
ISO 64
1/200 Sec.
24 - 70 mm - f/2.8G
24 mm

(Processed In LR & Color Efex Pro 4)

20180603-untitled-9-Edit.jpg

20180603-untitled-9-Edit-2.jpg

Please Advise As To Which Version You Prefer...Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated.

@smoke665 I used one of your Presets (Strong), thank you very much again!!!

Enezdez

I think the tighter crop works better. :encouragement: Draws my attention to the subject of the photo quicker without the extra distraction at the top.​

@enezdez point of clarification, the presets are not mine. They are some from Mattk Photography, ultimate fighter series.

As to their use, one thing was mentioned by @Derrel In another post. Sometimes they are not the end processing but rather a stop in the journey. Every image is different and may require adjustment or as he mentioned, combinations of presets.

One thing I've noticed in all of the dramatic look fighter presets is the tendency to move toward the greenish side of an industrial finish. In your image above you might want to adjust slightly. Just for fun try going to the tone curve, in the drop down go to the red, green and blue channels. Try clicking and dragging in the middle up or down, and watching your histogram and image. It changes things fast so be careful, and you will likely need to adjust all three channels. If you hold the "alt key" down while making the adjustments it slows it way down so you can make fine precise adjustments quickly. The tone curve panel goes way beyond just adjusting contrast. Would advise searching out the numerous videos that are out there.

Last edited:
I know backgrounds are hard to control in street shots but I find the looming car distracting.

I agree with Donde. I would have never taken that shot because of the car. IMO, that is the hardest part about street. The image itself is rendered well and the mans expression is great but that car just gets in the way.

#2 shot for me, the crop really gets the viewer looking right at the man then the BG.

@enezdez point of clarification, the presets are not mine. They are some from Mattk Photography, ultimate fighter series.

As to their use, one thing was mentioned by @Derrel In another post. Sometimes they are not the end processing but rather a stop in the journey. Every image is different and may require adjustment or as he mentioned, combinations of presets.

One thing I've noticed in all of the dramatic look fighter presets is the tendency to move toward the greenish side of an industrial finish. In your image above you might want to adjust slightly. Just for fun try going to the tone curve, in the drop down go to the red, green and blue channels. Try clicking and dragging in the middle up or down, and watching your histogram and image. It changes things fast so be careful, and you will likely need to adjust all three channels. If you hold the "alt key" down while making the adjustments it slows it way down so you can make fine precise adjustments quickly. The tone curve panel goes way beyond just adjusting contrast. Would advise searching out the numerous videos that are out there.

I played with it tell me what you think?

20180603-untitled-9-Edit-2-2.jpg

Thanks In Advance!

Enezdez

Go to curves>in the each color channel, go to the top right corner and pull the point left across the top line until you come to the furthest right point of the color. Go down to the bottom left corner and pull the point left to the end of the color. Make sure you are pulling the end point and not putting another point. You'll know you're on the end point when it shows cross hair.

Go to curves>in the each color channel, go to the top right corner and pull the point left across the top line until you come to the furthest right point of the color. Go down to the bottom left corner and pull the point left to the end of the color. Make sure you are pulling the end point and not putting another point. You'll know you're on the end point when it shows cross hair.

When I see my friend, I will ask him to show me, because I tried but obviously, it can be better....thanks again @smoke665 !

Most reactions

Back