What's new

Art students

Mauimaniacs

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
San Diego, ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$IMG_5285_med.webp
 
This photo made me smile. I remember the days when I used to just sit and draw for hours.
 
i would like to see this photo done with a closer/tighter crop of the statue. the trees frame it in nicely.
 
pixmedic said:
i would like to see this photo done with a closer/tighter crop of the statue. the trees frame it in nicely.

I disagree. I like it how it is. It shows the relationship between the statue and the students - cropping tighter would change that.
 
I don't know what to say. I have the feeling that what pixmedic said is right, but jjdig is right too. I mean, the students are too small... well... everything is too small. I don't know how I would have shot this picture.
 
Not too shabby dude! It's an amusing photo.
 
pixmedic said:
i would like to see this photo done with a closer/tighter crop of the statue. the trees frame it in nicely.

I disagree. I like it how it is. It shows the relationship between the statue and the students - cropping tighter would change that.
I agree with jjdig. The distribution of everything in the frame is perfect, so no need for a tighter crop in my opinion. I do think the foreground being lighter than the subjects is a problem, though. Your profile says that edits are OK, so here's a quick one to show how a darker foreground helps in guiding the viewer's eye to where the action is happening.

$IMG_5285_med copy.webp

[Mauimaniacs, please let me know if you prefer that I take this down.]
 
I think the composition is just about perfect. It might be one of the few instances where I think subtle vignette could help instead of being tacky.
 
here's an idea of what I would do to make the secondary subjects (ie art students) more prominent without dramatically changing the feel of the photo:


IMG_5285_med by franklinrabon, on Flickr
 
No. I appreciate all the comments. I am sort of "Old School" in my approach and don't do much post processing. This is nice. I am here to learn.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom