ASAP! Help me decide! (A lot of photos!)

photong

Typo Queen
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I tend to have bad judgment. I need them for a contest that ends tomorrow but I need to hand the files in by 5pm tonight to have the prints by tomorrow morning.

Please let me know which ones you like and why. And what would you change if anything.

I was told the judges are looking for something different so I did my best with a last minute shoot at 6am. I think I did well :)

Oh, and are they dark?? I can't tell with this monitor. Usually when I have things printed digitally (whihc these will be) they turn out very well (unless the people in the lab fix them).

Thank you mucho :)

1. Not edited
13.jpg

2. Not edited
11.jpg

3. Not edited
10.jpg

4. Not edited
8.jpg

5. Not edited
4.jpg

6. Not edited
12.jpg

7. Not edited
9.jpg

8. Made to BW, prolly added contract. Colour flower
7.jpg

9. Coloured flower (bad job yes, I tried and tried and will prolly keep trying for a better job)
6.jpg

10. Same but a bit darker
5.jpg

11. Colour balance, and levels and added contrast
1.jpg

12. Made to BW and added contrast
2.jpg

I like 9/10, 11/12. Thank you again.

Nice set Photong! I really like 8 and 9. There is something about 8 that I just like. The little bit of color in the flower adds a lot to the scene. My two cents.... :D

aggiezach said:
Nice set Photong! I really like 8 and 9. There is something about 8 that I just like. The little bit of color in the flower adds a lot to the scene. My two cents.... :D

Thank you :heart: The BW, coloured flower are prolly the ones I will go with. Along with 11 or 12.

I don't know. None of them are really doing anything for me. They seem hurried and a bit cliche. Maybe you could do some cropping and pull out some composition? I feel like I'm looming over the gravestones and I think you could have done better with the intimacy of having them at eye level. Especially 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. I think those might have been really good at eye level and maybe close up with a macro lense. Did you shoot any at eye level?

I think your best bet is some cropping. That's just my opinion, though. Everyone else might disagree.

Daniel

DanielK said:
I don't know. None of them are really doing anything for me. They seem hurried and a bit cliche. Maybe you could do some cropping and pull out some composition? I feel like I'm looming over the gravestones and I think you could have done better with the intimacy of having them at eye level. Especially 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. I think those might have been really good at eye level and maybe close up with a macro lense. Did you shoot any at eye level?

I think your best bet is some cropping. That's just my opinion, though. Everyone else might disagree.

Daniel

I disagree. But that's me. I don't think the judges would go for eye level. Especially for 8.

As for 6, and 7, I was trying to accomplish the same thing. They're looking down, and so am I.

Sorry, I can't afford a macro lens. Plus I was using my mini digi because it was faster, and easier than film. And cheaper because I already wasted too much already from my last 2 tries with lightning.

I wish you guys had said something sooner, you're too late, they're at the lab now.

photong said:
I wish you guys had said something sooner, you're too late, they're at the lab now.
:?:

I posted 3 hours after you did. You said you were going to the printer at 5pm which is roughly 10 hours after you posted, give or take for time zones. You disagreed with my opinion anyway. Don't blame us.

Geez.

Daniel

Dude, please don't put word in my mouth. I'm not blaming, I am wishing.

As for the time, I said BY 5pm, that doesn't mean I could wait until then. I could have said 2 which I think is the last second I could leave to bring them in unless I got another ride, in which case I probably would have said by 10 when the store closed.

photong said:
Dude, please don't put word in my mouth. I'm not blaming, I am wishing.

As for the time, I said BY 5pm, that doesn't mean I could wait until then. I could have said 2 which I think is the last second I could leave to bring them in unless I got another ride, in which case I probably would have said by 10 when the store closed.
Well, it felt like blame. I'm sorry if I took it wrong.

Good luck in the contest.

Daniel

So, photong, despite the fact that we will all agree on photography being (also) something very personal and individual (apart from technical facts), so they consequently are kind of emotional, too - will you tell us which ones you chose to enter in the contest ultimately?

Most reactions

Back