Astrophotography

I'm not sure if I posted this before or not. Taken with a 350D attached to a Meade ETX90 telescope, 1 sec. exposure.

Julie

26262002_45090cba4a_o.jpg

My favorite star:
sunapr0320061ti.jpg

Edit: I replaced the original image with one that dosn't suck lol.

Thanks Chris, that one was taken on Feb16 of this year.

been away from the forum for about a year now, went out and took some shots of the star's last night and thought I would come back to the forum and see if anyone had any tips, and look what I find lol, got to come back to the forum more often I guess, and I'll post some pics of some of my shots, then ask for tips :)

How do you take sun photos?! I've wanted to do that forever, but could never figure it out. I always just get a superbright bleh.

orion.jpg

normal_MontanaSky.jpg

normal_m13_hercules.jpg

normal_whirlpool.jpg

normal_m81-m82.jpg

Gear:
Meade 10" S/N
Meade equitorial mount
Sigma 500mm ED telephoto
10.5 mm fisheye
Nikon D70, D100
Losmandy GM-8 mount
Borg system for autoguiding
70mm piggyback guider
SAC 7b astronomical webcam guider
various laptops and other junk

scope1.jpg

Excuse me while I drool on your optics.... :drool:

I have wanted one of those for YEARS! Like... since I knew what a telescope was.

It was cheap - the Meade rig was only 1600$ total but doesn't work all that well, the scope is too big for the mount (wobble) and guiding and setup makes for some real fun in 10 degree weather in the winter.

The rig we use most is the Sigma 500mm ($3800) and the Losmandy GM-8 ($1500-$2500 plus $500-$1000 for all necessary accessories), Borg ($1K including adapters), SAC ($200) and is a breeze to use and autoguide but isn't exactly cheap.

Great images, I look forward to seeing more. That is a serious list of equipment, great stuff :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back