At some point photography does get easier

If it came across as my saying there is no need to learn about photography it was completely unintended. I had the opportunities in life to learn from a master of photojournalism and I continue to learn from him. I never saw the need to read books about photography, turns out that reading about other subjects would have greatly enhanced my abilities in school. I will finish with this. In my final year of high school the guidance councilor called me into his office because of my grades, he asked me what I planned on doing after high school, I simply told him "I am going to be a photographer" his exact words to me, "It's a great hobby, but you'll never make a living at it" I ran into him 10 years later at a MacDonald's he didn't remember me when I said hello, (he was wearing a name tag on his minimum wage security guard jacket) We talked for a few minutes and he did remember me, I mentioned to him what he had said to me in high school, he didn't, but I told him and he then asked what I was doing, I told him I was the personal photographer to the Prime Minister of Canada. It's a great hobby. Keep learning, and how you learn doesn't matter.

my post in this thread was an attempt at paraphrasing what I thought you were trying to say... and to be honest, I didn't understand all of the negativity toward your original post....

I didn't either, but it started with one person taking a single line and running with it. After that it just became a few people and personal attacks, which I have gotten used to. It seems to amuse people when they can get a free dig in on a someone. As long a few people read what I said and used it for good and not evil.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back