What's new

Atlanta-scape

Sept1785

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 27, 2011
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Location
Middle Georgia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just looking for any feedback. I'm a beginner.

4.jpg
 
I didn't realize Atlanta was having a gravity problem. Those poor citizens, someone should start a charity...

But in all seriousness:
  • The tilt doesn't work. Is there a particular mood or feel that you were aiming for, or did you tilt it just for the heck of it to try to be "edgy?" Tilted shots can work sometimes, but in a cityscape like this it just makes me want to grab the nearest street sign and hope I don't fall.
  • If the tower is your subject, it's too centered. Off-center subjects create more drama than off-kilter angles and sepia tones.

To be honest - and please understand that this is meant as constructive criticism and I'm not just being mean - it looks like you tried a couple techniques you've seen done elsewhere without really understanding why and when it works. Come back to the center, work on the fundamentals, follow the rules, and once you understand the rules you'll have a better idea of when it's okay to break them.
 
lol.

To be honest - and please understand that this is meant as constructive criticism and I'm not just being mean - it looks like you tried a couple techniques you've seen done elsewhere without really understanding why and when it works. Come back to the center, work on the fundamentals, follow the rules, and once you understand the rules you'll have a better idea of when it's okay to break them.

No problem. I asked for feedback :)

I was trying for an "edgy" rule-breaking look. Tower is the subject. I understand your points. Thank you for your input.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom