Attn: Lula - Can you tranlate this?

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
from Nelly Furtado: i've tried to do a bablefish translation but its screwed up:

Como uma força, com uma força
Como uma força que ninguem pode parar
Como uma fome que ninguem pode matar

força, força, força, força, força

Closer to the sky, closer, way up high, mais perto do céu, mais perto do céu

Como uma força que ninguem pode parar
Como uma fome que ninguem pode matar

força (oh), força (oh), força, força, força

Este amor..Este amor..
Tão grande,Tão forte
come on!

That's the Euro 2004 song isn't it? I remember hearing her say it was about football and how beautiful it is. Yeah, one of those typical "official" songs.

Best I can do I'm afraid. Don't hurt me for entering Lula's thread. :cry:

Sorry for "invading", too, but since ferny has stumbled through the door before me.... it was "open"... erm... if you see what I mean.

Now I don't speak any Portuguese, only Spanish. But I read it all right and (Lula, correct me if I'm wrong here) I think I can just about translate this for you, too:

Like a power, like a power,
like a power that no one can stop,
like a power, like a power,
like a hunger that no one can kill.

Power, power, power, power, power.

Mais perto do céu means closer to the sky, too.

(Same again as before...)

This love, this love,
so great, so strong,
come on.

I think, that's it.
Now it's up to Lula to come and correct my humble attempt at translating from Portuguese into English...

coolness, thank you LaFoto! 8)

I just curious if there are any subtler meanings to 'power' in porteguese? In what context would you use it? Might be a Lula question :)

"La fuerza" (which is the Spanish equivalent to this Portuguese word) means both "power" and "strength". Maybe that helps?

thanxx for helping Lafoto your translation is completly correct....
Mark força in portuguese is more closer to strenght than power, cause's we dont use the word power in this context........power is used in material context like: electrical power---->energia) and here força is more fisical is like the body strenght,etc ...... força----->strenght

Its a beautifull song! I actually had the change to watch Nelly Furtado play live this song, she's very nice! Although she's not portuguese but her parents are!!
This is one of the songs that were chosen for the EURO 2004!

8) 8) Once again thanx LAfoto (actually i was abit lazy to make the translation OOOOoooosps :p )

Most reactions

Back