The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Since my wife doesn't get out much, when she has an interest in some movie, that's the one we go to.

So we went to see August:Osage County.
Terrific, almost unparalleled cast.
Ten minutes into it, when Sam Shepherd commits suicide, I felt like he was the lucky one.
People were just acting all over the place.
There was not a cliché plot twist that was left out except bestiality, and if they could have brought a farm animal inside that would probably have been included.
It was based on a claustrophobic stage play and the screen play didn't open it out much at all except for a few jaunts into the yard or a field.
Except for the laundry, there was an argument in every room in that house - including the bathrooms.

Lots of yelling and when they ran out of words, they said them again and inserted some profanities.
Meryl Streep, a wonderful actress, played the wicked witch of the North with the volume always at 11.
Julia Roberts was strong and good,
Julianne Nicholson was steady and good.
Chris Cooper was the only human being in the cast.
Juliette Lewis won the Sandy Dennis Award for annoying mannerisms and voice.
and Benedict Cumberpatch was saddled with a ridiculous character who does a lot of crying for no obvious reason and probably wishes he had seen the play before signing on.

Misty Upham, who was wonderful in Frozen Riven, was given absolutely nothing to do but be the 'Bagger Vance' in this movie - and serve lunch. (and if you don't understand the Bagger Vance reference, read this.

My wife loved it, but divorces are expensive so I'm getting therapy for her.

Thanks for the review and the chuckle.

Thank you for the honest and frank review. Not that I would ever be convinced to actually watch it myself, but you have undoubtedly saved some poor shook from being roped into seeing it.

Dang, now I'm going to have to watch it, just so that I can enjoy your review again.....this time with more sting added to your venom.

great review.

I actually don't want to see the movie. I want you to tell us all about it :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back