AUTO ISO with FLASH TRIGGER godox x2t

AndyRal123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello guys :)

Taking it simple, is there a way to use AUTO ISO on Nikon D750 with flash trigger (godox x2t) mounted.

From my experience, no matter what trigger mode, auto iso set on camera - doesn't work, and camera uses the lowest value of auto iso set, so we end up with manual iso.

Why I want to do this? I want to turn off all flashes, and use the trigger only for infrared af assist beam built into trigger with auto iso mode available.

Are there any ideas You got there folks?
All the best for You,
Andy

You are trying to do something the camera doesn't understand. All the camera knows is that a flash is going to go off when the image is taken. The fact that you turn the flashes off means nothing to the camera.

Seems like just setting the ISO manually would be the easiest way to go about this.

You are trying to do something the camera doesn't understand. All the camera knows is that a flash is going to go off when the image is taken. The fact that you turn the flashes off means nothing to the camera.

Seems like just setting the ISO manually would be the easiest way to go about this.

Thank You for response :) Yes i know things You wrote, propably that's why camera forces manual iso, but maybe anyone knows a way around over this to enable auto iso, coz the thing is i want af assist infrared beam from trigger with auto iso.

Cheers man :)

In that case I suggest an IR flashlight.
They are inexpensive and will do what you want without the hassle of trying to trick the camera.

Amazon link to an IR light.

Thank You for Your idea, i get Your way, but it would not be convenient for my work, and would flash all over time. I want something mounted to camera, with autofocus synchronization - when af is focusing - the assist beam is on.

Cheers mate :)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hmmm. I don't think the D750 has auto iso with flash. The D850 does and the Auto iso works will with my Godox TT685n. I know that the SB-910 and SB-5000 have a iTTL BL which means iTTL with balanced Fill Flash. It might manipulate the iso on a D750. Look in your manual as it should tell you there.

Hmmm. I don't think the D750 has auto iso with flash. The D850 does and the Auto iso works will with my Godox TT685n. I know that the SB-910 and SB-5000 have a iTTL BL which means iTTL with balanced Fill Flash. It might manipulate the iso on a D750. Look in your manual as it should tell you there.

Hello Grey, I checked the thing You wrote about, I appreciate Your response and tip :) Well but with sb700 nikon d750 doesn't have lighting options for speedlight You mentioned, so it will not be possible this way. But still interesting thing that You wrote. Guess for trigger on, it will remain only manual. Thank You for posting, and good luck :)

Sincerely,
Greetings,
Andy

Most reactions

Back