Autumnal Glow

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys,

I have a quick question. Thanks to the beuatiful autumn light we've been having in the UK of late I have been out and about in my local parks trying to take images that capture the feeling of autumn.

However I am having difficulty capturing the golden glow of the light on my 20D, I've been using a circular polariser to boost colour saturation and my camera set to AWB. I have tried playing with exposure time, aperture and White balance to bring out the glow, with no luck.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? What do I need to do to capture the beautiful colours I can see in my viewfinder effectively?

Cheers

Are you shooting RAW or JPEGs? If you're shooting JPEGs, the camera will auto-white balance, and turn those golden colors into grey/white. Shoot with RAW, and "develop" them yourself with Canon's software, or something like PhaseOne or Adobe Camera RAW. You're going to need to correct the color temperature, and tweak saturation as well as brightness.

EDIT: You could set th color temp in your camera if you still prefer to shoot JPEGs. Not sure how or where, consult your manual and shoot a couple of test images.

I do shoot RAW but I was wondering if I could get it right in camera to minimise on touch up work after uploading, so I guess custom temp setting on the camera might do it.

Most reactions

Back