Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$image-1224920443.jpg

$image-3266874190.jpg

$image-3025891108.jpg

$image-2378377769.jpg

Nice!

I remember when I first visited Tucson, I ran across some dried up crossing that said warring flash floods or something to the effect. I laughed to my self thinking, they wished it would rain that much. It wasn't long after that when I got caught in a Monsoon out on the hwy. I never seen so much rain dumped in one spot in a matter of minutes! I gained a whole new respect for the Minsoons out in Arizona! You will be hard pressed to find a better lightning show as well...it's a sight to behold for sure.

You are exactly right. There is no other state that puts up road signs for one day of the year. When the monsoons hit, they bring some crazy waters.

Nice pictures. Brought back memories. We were in the petrified forest and watched the sky darken as the storm rolled in. We made it about halfway down the twenty miles to the hotel when the skies opened up with one of the most intense downpours I've ever seen. It was over in about 15 minutes but when we got to the town it was under over a foot of water and half the power was out. The hotel and the restaurant across the street were right on the line of the outage but had power so we were lucky. I still have to give it to Sedona for the most intense lightning I ever saw.

Most reactions

Back