Aztec Premier Drum Scanner at Pixelnation

benjaminpendleton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi Again Everyone (including Helen!), You'll be happy to know that I finally found someone that I'm comfortable with scanning my transparencies; now you won't have to put up with any more of my questions (for a while anyhow...)!

I searched and searched, finally googled "drum scanner pennsylvania" and came up with a company named "pixelnation." I called them up; the guy uses an Aztec Premier drum scanner and charges between $75 and $115 per scan, depending on the service desired. He said that he spends about 3 hours on each scan (obviously a LOT of personal attention). He was exceptionally helpful and spent about an hour with me on the phone; a very calm, mellow guy. He also seemed to be very honest; he said that he didn't want to turn away business, but that if I was just uploading onto a website I wouldn't need a drum scan. And the guy only lives a half hour away...

Anyhow, if any of you are looking for someone who does drum scanning, this guy might not be a bad place to start...

Thanks, Helen for stearing me in the right direction. Great site and great members!

He also seemed to be very honest; he said that he didn't want to turn away business, but that if I was just uploading onto a website I wouldn't need a drum scan.

If you were only scanning for web display, I'd agree. If you are uploading to a site that will print large images then it is a different matter. Even if your experiment with Redbubble doesn't work out, you will have high quality scans of some of your slides that you can upload to other similar sites.

As I mentioned in another post, Nancyscans in another source of drum scans at a comparatively reasonable price.

Best,
Helen

Hi Helen! Yeah, I agree. I'm getting 5 of the best transparencies done with the drum scanner and am possibly going do the same in the future with 5 or so more... I'm thinking that I may want to have some high quality prints/posters made in the future... I'm not one to spend a lot of money on equipment and such (although I spend a LOT of money traveling to the locations where I take photographs!), but these are once in a lifetime shots and I'd really like to get them done right.

I went with Joseph at Pixelnation... Why? He has lots of things going for him (experience, good quality equipment, etc.), but to be honest with you the main reasons are that I really enjoyed talking with the guy and he lives close by; I put my precious slides into his hands, not into the mail. Definitely more expensive, but I can deal with him face to face...

Anyhow, thanks Helen and thanks to all the other helpful people on this forum. I wouldn't have made it to this point without you. But the rest of you do need to play some catch-up when it comes to your identity photos; Helen's is definitely the wildest!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back