AndrewHux

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.machtwomedia.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_9980_zps49a9a7b3.jpg

Not bad! Just time to get rid of the awful watermark now, make it more subtle.

This is actually really interesting timing. I stopped in at a local art exhibit this morning. It was a group of 20-some paintings, each based on a different county in South Dakota. Due to the Tonal movement influence on the series (learned that reading the information, not really that big of an art-geek), they all had some beautiful, but soft color schemes to them. But apparently as a bit of an autograph, the artist would put a little bright-red tick mark somewhere in each painting. I realized it in the very first one. From then on, I couldn't look at the rest of any of the pictures until I found the red tick in each one. Wasn't trying, it was just the way my brain worked. It was DISTRACTING. And when I hit one picture in which I couldn't find that d@mned red tick, I nearly imploded.

People will look at your work. It's your choice whether you want them to see your photo or your text editing skills. And if they really want to steal the pic, they'll just remove the watermark so everyone else will look at the photo.

It's really a pretty good shot once I fought my way past the red tick mark at the bottom.

Not bad! Just time to get rid of the awful watermark now, make it more subtle.

This is actually really interesting timing. I stopped in at a local art exhibit this morning. It was a group of 20-some paintings, each based on a different county in South Dakota. Due to the Tonal movement influence on the series (learned that reading the information, not really that big of an art-geek), they all had some beautiful, but soft color schemes to them. But apparently as a bit of an autograph, the artist would put a little bright-red tick mark somewhere in each painting. I realized it in the very first one. From then on, I couldn't look at the rest of any of the pictures until I found the red tick in each one. Wasn't trying, it was just the way my brain worked. It was DISTRACTING. And when I hit one picture in which I couldn't find that d@mned red tick, I nearly imploded.

People will look at your work. It's your choice whether you want them to see your photo or your text editing skills. And if they really want to steal the pic, they'll just remove the watermark so everyone else will look at the photo.

It's really a pretty good shot once I fought my way past the red tick mark at the bottom.

Man you guys sure are hung up on watermarks that's for sure.

Muddy ....needs a little more contrast by opening the midtones up ...nice shot

Thanks Mully ,this is an old jpeg shot with my old original Rebel 300D did pretty good in those days (2007).

I'm not seeing muddy. There's plenty of separation in the midtones. You can see the various panels on the plane.

Can see them but they all seem to run together tonally. Try resetting the black and white points and see how well it pops your contrast up to a more pleasing tonal scale.

:biglaugh:

I might start doing something like that - I like the idea of frustrating someone that much without even having to meet them!!

:biglaugh:

I might start doing something like that - I like the idea of frustrating someone that much without even having to meet them!!

LMAO.....:lmao::lmao:I like that. I think I might use my "text editing skills" and come up with a grand design to really get under some of these people's skin, sounds like fun.

Can see them but they all seem to run together tonally. Try resetting the black and white points and see how well it pops your contrast up to a more pleasing tonal scale.

Thanks ,I will go back and mess around with it , Like I said before its an old photo and was shot in Jpeg with my now dead and gone 300D. Was cleaning out an external and picked a couple old images to process.

First off, great photo. Nice capture indeed. Midtones are fine as mentioned above too. As usual, it all comes down to personal tastes and I think this image was captured in the most effective way possible and you have great camera skills for sure. In the conversion to black and white, all I can see as an improvement would be to brighten the highlights a touch.

I am not hung up on watermarks by any means. I think they are important to include on images. Mine are applied temporarily and automatically by my hosting site and they definitely protect images from misuse and copyright. You placed it in a perfect spot, the only thing is that its red on a black and white image and colour is this first thing most people see in a black and white image and brightness and red are the first thing most people see in a colour image. The watermark would be spot it, in my opinion, if it was neutral in colour.

Fantastic image. Keep it up.

Can see them but they all seem to run together tonally.
I think they should be this way. It is after all "low visibility" paint scheme and that implies low contrast. It looks as it should, those "grays" are very close to the real colors. Great pic in many aspects, very sharp despite the great speed (looks like a low pass at 500-600 km/h ). If not for the horizon line it would be a classic.

Looking at the sharp shadows below the wing it is clearly a bright sunny day, the sky does not match that, IMO it should be much brighter than this.
As a result the overall look does appear muddy.
Perhaps you adjusted the sky to "highlight" the plane?

Great shot all the same.

First off, great photo. Nice capture indeed. Midtones are fine as mentioned above too. As usual, it all comes down to personal tastes and I think this image was captured in the most effective way possible and you have great camera skills for sure. In the conversion to black and white, all I can see as an improvement would be to brighten the highlights a touch.

I am not hung up on watermarks by any means. I think they are important to include on images. Mine are applied temporarily and automatically by my hosting site and they definitely protect images from misuse and copyright. You placed it in a perfect spot, the only thing is that its red on a black and white image and colour is this first thing most people see in a black and white image and brightness and red are the first thing most people see in a colour image. The watermark would be spot it, in my opinion, if it was neutral in colour.

Fantastic image. Keep it up.

Thank you very much I appreciate that

Can see them but they all seem to run together tonally.
I think they should be this way. It is after all "low visibility" paint scheme and that implies low contrast. It looks as it should, those "grays" are very close to the real colors. Great pic in many aspects, very sharp despite the great speed (looks like a low pass at 500-600 km/h ). If not for the horizon line it would be a classic.

Actually this was a take off as you can see at the bottom the gear doors are not quite all the way up .

Looking at the sharp shadows below the wing it is clearly a bright sunny day, the sky does not match that, IMO it should be much brighter than this.
As a result the overall look does appear muddy.
Perhaps you adjusted the sky to "highlight" the plane?

Great shot all the same.

Thank you much ,this was an afternoon/evening shot as a storm had passed through , hence the cloud structure in the background ,which was not nearly as visible in the original. I attempted to bring out the cloud structure in processing but since it is a jpeg didn't want to over do it and get haloing or other artifacting(if that's a word). Shooting aircraft has been lots of fun and have came away with some good images from time to time .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back