B&W Lincolnshire fields and water ways

lightmuncher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I decided not to be too cooped up the other day and went out slowly walking across the fields behind us. It leads to water are termed here in the flat lands of UK as drains. Just like Holland this area was drained so as the marsh lands could be reclaimed for farm land. When you dig into the soil its not bad soil and exposes the shells and pebbles. This county has a plethora of old windmills, just like Holland has still, they use theirs now as icons for their country. There are mounds of water channels, high and low. The ones today in my photos are lower ones that feed into the river Witham. There is a higher one and that is when necessary pumped down into the lower waters and run into the Witham. The pumping station is shown in the photo. Just like gardeners we photographers always complain about the weather and light. This day the lighting was as flat as a pancake! Very little contrast what so ever, which made photographing in colour useless. I think these look better in B&W. Just to add when you're in a countryside that is flat, you got to ensure there is a dramatic sky to make a boring image more interesting. One last moan, it's a ***** working with over head cables as we all know
Landscapes +  04-01-2020-16-17 Nature Holmes Co_03.jpg
Landscapes +  04-01-2020-16-23 Nature Holmes Co_03.jpg
Lincolnshire drain and pumping station close up.jpg
Lincolnshire drain and pumping station.jpg
Lincolnshire drain and water encapchture_.jpg

Last edited:
Good cloud detail, that helps a lot.

I like #3. Maybe you could reshoot it some day when the weather is more co-operative.

Most reactions

Back