B/W Vette

Higgs Boson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my buddy's, not the red one in my sig. Thoughts?

Brandon-22.jpg

Not a bad idea. I think I'd probably raise the contrast a bit, myself :)

You need to increase the clarity slider i think.

I'll play with contrast....

Clarity should be pretty high on the car, I blurred the background intentionally to make the car pop more. Not working?

i wonder this one would work better in colour giving a stark distinction between the car and surrounding

This is also good

Regards :D

its a vette. pictures of a vette cant be bad.

Perhaps a circular polarizer can help to cut out some reflections and improve contrast.

I really like the shot. While a bit flash and washed I just played with the shadows, midtones and highlights to bring out the image quality. Even a quick clone on the rear end for some blemish removal. It's a great composition.

bw_vette_001.jpg

Last edited:
I'll play with contrast....

Clarity should be pretty high on the car, I blurred the background intentionally to make the car pop more. Not working?

If you construct your OOF area, I would suggest not blurring negative space where the object is in focus. To me the black levels look off. Raising black gives better overall saturation and a better range of tones, imo. To me it also gives more gloss to the shine of the car.

Original
Brandon-22.jpg

With black level increased
o0vzaq

a great shot, and the edit made it even nicer. My only gripe is how the car is all in focus, but the ground itself is not. The back tire seems to be floating or something, and just strikes me as kinda weird. Just my own opinion though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back