Back in the time machine to 1984

Scott Murphy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Mt Ranier (14,410 feet) taken from observation deck (605 feet) of the Seattle Space Needle. The atmospheric haze and distance, about 65 miles, from Seattle makes Mt. Ranier seem to "float" above the landscape.
Taken on a very rare clear winter day in the Pacific Northwest. Ranier is still an active volcano, with several small earthquakes a day about 3/4 of the way up. Should it ever blow to the north like Mt St Helens did, Seattle and Tacoma would pretty much disappear.

Nikon F2 Photomic, 55mm f/2.8 AIS Micro Nikkor, Kodak Kodachrome 25 and polarizing filter. Man I miss that stuff! If Kodak would revive it, I would put all my DSLR's in the closet. Superb sharpness, none existent grain and gorgeous saturated colors.

The Seattle King Dome is long gone, having been demolished in 2000.

Seattle and Ranier.jpg

There's only one option. A BIG print...Prominently displayed, too. Tell us you've already done it.

There's only one option. A BIG print...Prominently displayed, too. Tell us you've already done it.
I printed a 16x20 on Cibachrome back in 1990. I never mount my slides, I leave them in strips. Slide projectors are totally obsolete nowadays. The colors are as vibrant today as they were back then.

Wondering if a post-Ciba scan+top shelf inkject/dye-sub print wouldn't put even more life into this extraordinary shot. It deserves it IMHO. Cheers

Wondering if a post-Ciba scan+top shelf inkject/dye-sub print wouldn't put even more life into this extraordinary shot. It deserves it IMHO. Cheers

I have a Canon Pixma 9000 Mk II that produces some really brilliant prints. Maybe I will re-print it.

I have a Canon Pixma 9000 Mk II that produces some really brilliant prints. Maybe I will re-print it.
Try it. I've seen some older Cibas of nice shots put in the shade by skilled lab inkjets. Again, a great image!

That's a breathtakingly beautiful shot!

That really is a stunner. Has real atmosphere to it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back