Back to work!

eromallagadnama said:
Nytmair said:
yep, i'm living at home, and I like it becuase it's cheeeeaaap!! :LOL: i do make a decent buck at the restaurante since it's a pretty expensive place, and I get mainly tips... on a good night I've made $15/hr in tips+my hourly wage :cool:

anywho, have fun at work everybody :twisted:

No shame in living at home Nytmair!!! I am doing the same thing and enjoying being able to save $$$ rather than pay dorm expenses. I too have a nice hefty break until the 20 something of January, but will spend most overseas in Cambodia...I leave Wednesday this week and get back the 16th. I guess that means a big Happy New Year early to everyone!!!

I'm 21 and still living at home so no shame here...but i work a crap job with sh!t hours aswell. :X

Xmetal said:
eromallagadnama said:
Nytmair said:
yep, i'm living at home, and I like it becuase it's cheeeeaaap!! :LOL: i do make a decent buck at the restaurante since it's a pretty expensive place, and I get mainly tips... on a good night I've made $15/hr in tips+my hourly wage :cool:

anywho, have fun at work everybody :twisted:

No shame in living at home Nytmair!!! I am doing the same thing and enjoying being able to save $$$ rather than pay dorm expenses. I too have a nice hefty break until the 20 something of January, but will spend most overseas in Cambodia...I leave Wednesday this week and get back the 16th. I guess that means a big Happy New Year early to everyone!!!

I'm 21 and still living at home so no shame here...but i work a crap job with sh!t hours aswell. :X

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with it! My bf is 25 and still lives at home (he's still in college, and his dad is letting him live there til he graduates). As long as you aren't just freeloading, what's the problem?

core_17 said:
I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with it! My bf is 25 and still lives at home (he's still in college, and his dad is letting him live there til he graduates). As long as you aren't just freeloading, what's the problem?

I think as long as someone is in school or saving up for their place etc there's nothing wrong with it. but I have know people who did it perennially. Then there's guys like Cliff from Cheers who couldn't be separated from his mom.

It's very, very hard to make it period, much less while you're going to school. When I was in college I moved out a couple of times and had to move back in with my grandmother because I just couldn't make enough $ and go to school at the same time. The two times I tried, I lived in roach-infested apts and lived next door to a hooker once.

This is funny, I complained about roaches to this one slumloard and his answer, vs. calling an exterminator, was to bring over a home-brew of poison - HE WAS EVEN TOO CHEAP TO BUY OVER AN OVER-THE-COUNTER PRODUCT! Geez. I used to wake up at night and have to knock roaches off my face. It was a terrible experience. I had to go to his house one day to pay the rent, and of course HE lived in a big, fancy house on the nice side of town. :roll:

One time I was about to go out with a friend on a fri or sat, and we're in my "apartment" talking, and we heard this really loud 'thunk." As it turns out, some girl upstairs was terribly drunk and had falled two stories. They called an ambulance and everything. Amazing.

Artemis said:
I had to go back to work on boxing day! beat that! I was also working Christmas eve!

Same here, Arty...both days. Plus I've got to work New Years Day...that's life, I guess.

I'm with you all, working on Christmas eve and the day after! I got off for christmas though! Thankfully!

But now I'm taking a small vacation! Off til the 2nd of January! This is the first time in a long while that I have absolutely nothing to do!!! Great feeling I tell ya! But I will be speding new years in Dallas and going to the The Cotton Bowl

Gig'Em Aggies!

Zach :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back