Backfocusing D90

hoanghuynh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

1. Packed up my D90 to be sent out for a checkup.
    It seems to be backfocusing a LOT (and I've missed one too many good shots because of it). Initially I had heard that this was, more often than not, a function of the lens...but after testing it on 3 of my lenses, I am thinking it must be the body. I've found a couple DIYs online to adjust it, but since I'm under warranty I may as well send it out for inspection.

Just posting up to see if anyone else has has a D90 (or any body for that matter) that seemed to be plagued with a focus issue.

I busted out ol' reliable and will be able to survive whilst my sweetie is away getting inspected lol.

Really hoping they can remedy this at Nikon. I purchased the body in March, and it was a refurb from Cameta with (i think) ~600 shots on it.
    TBH I've never been 100% thrilled with its performance focus-wise, so I'm counting on this service to take care of it and I can fall in love with it.

.:. ReactWithin .:. http://reactwithin.tumblr.com/

I've had my D90 for approx 8 years and i've never had any real issues with this kind of problem..... The only thing i have ever noticed is that it does sometimes perform better in terms of depth of field with a longer telephoto lens ?

Of the 11 focus points (Nikon Multi-CAM 1000 AF module) the D90 has only the middle one is a cross-type AF point that can detect contrast both horizontally and vertically.
The other 10 focus point only detect contrast in one direction - horizontal or vertical.

Newer models have multiple cross type AF sensors.
The D7000 has Nikon's Multi-CAM 4800 DX AF module with 9 cross-type AF points of the 39 AF points available.
The 9 cross-type points are in an array around the middle of the viewfinder.

The only thing i have ever noticed is that it does sometimes perform better in terms of depth of field with a longer telephoto lens ?
That's because the longer focal length lens magnifies the background elements making them seem to be more blurred, when they actually aren't. It's just that the FoV (Field of View) is smaller.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back