Bad news followed by very good news :-)

Draken

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.earthscape.110mb.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well i went out shooting yesterday at one of my favorite spots, all was going well the tide was coming in as i was hoping. I set myself up to shoot a nice rock with a low shutter speed set the camera on timer mode stepped back and waited for the action. The waves came in, very very strongly unknown to me and splash !!! . . . . . . R.I.P EOS 350D :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:
BUT! today i decided to go out and purchase a brand spanking new EOS 40D with 17-85mm IS USM Lens !!! what an awesome camera ! havent had a chance o go out shooting with it yet ( have to buy new filters since fill thread size is quite a difference ) but when i do i shall post the pics up :)
anyway just thought i'd share my story with you all.

Good day!
-Mike :)

Oh, that story made me sad and happy all at the same time! I'm glad that, given the circumstances of your poor 350D, that you were able to run out and get your new camera! Enjoy it, and post photos when you can! :D

Ah no, poor little camera! Did you manage to fish it out so you can display it as some sort of a trophy?

oh, sad and glad to hear!

shorelines are always difficult and not predictable. Guess we all got wet more than once ...

Hope it was a good image and worth the loss ;)

i did not see that coming. that was such a blunt story telling of your cameras death. oh well all more reason to splurge on an even better one :)

You'll love the 40D over the Rebel series. I know I did/do.

Derrick

must be nice to be able to go out and get a new one.. my wife would shoot me... outta curiosity, did you have yours insured? and if you did, any chance that they will help you out??

How do you guys insure your cameras?
When on the tripod, I keep the strap around my neck even if I'm standing back and using the timer to take the shot :D

My camera is $200. I don't insure. My insurance is taking precautions such as I outlined. It would have saved the camera in the first post here as well.

salt water bad.
insurance good.

:)

^^^ agreed... I have it with my camera and even specifically got it listed with no deductable. Covers up to $5k. Most homeowners insurances will cover it. Just watch yourself that if you go pro, the conditions on whether or not they will insure you changes if you're making money with your equipment.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back