Cool self-portrait, Eduard, first time we see you on here. "A bit" in disguise, but what does it matter, eh?

You must post this to the "NEW ARTY FARTY SELF-PORTRAIT"-thread over in the Off-Topics, too ,will you?
And you know how much my daughter and I admire your ballet photos, don't you? So these two are no exception.
By the way, my daughter's ballet teacher asked me the other day if I could come and take some photos during practise time (that will be on the second Sunday in January), and now I am thinking and thinking and thinking as to how I can make the photos look NICE. For all I have (light-wise) is the on-camera flash, and that is UGLY, UGLY, UGLY. They HAVE practise photos taken like that on their walls, and the shadow lines and flatness of the pictures tell me: no on-camera flash.
But the lighting in that practise room is awful, too!
What can I do? Anything I could bring from home (but I won't get an external flash any time soon now, nor do I have any other photo lights, only one regular work light (halogen lamp) and my slide projector.
Must think and think more... For a stage and stage lights are nowhere to be had in that room...Hmph... think-think.
(You are my example --- I so wish what I am supposed to do will come at least marginally close to what you show us here, you see?)