Balloon Festival Morning; Lewiston, Maine

Sagitta

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not 100% happy with this (the grass... ugh) but figured I'd share. Single image HDR/Tonemap job through Photomatix. With my K-x down, it has me rummaging about my HDD and picking out shots I've missed, and this was one of them. The original was much more underexposed, so I'd chalked it off as a loss until I went in and actually mucked with it.

Balloon Festival Morning by Jody Roberts, on Flickr

Not sure why all the people are blue ;)

THe balloons are awesome, and the sky too! More shots? :D

Not sure why all the people are blue ;)

THe balloons are awesome, and the sky too! More shots? :D

They're basically shadows. This shot was taken literally at dawn, so this was about as far as I dared pull the colors up without making things turn even more surreal. :)

I have some more shots from that day up on my flickr that I posted back last summer, here are some of my favorites from it. :)

Touchdown! by Jody Roberts, on Flickr

Skyline; Lewiston, Maine by Jody Roberts, on Flickr

Balloons and a Bird by Jody Roberts, on Flickr

Upshot by Jody Roberts, on Flickr

Balloons by Jody Roberts, on Flickr

Peeking by Jody Roberts, on Flickr

Welcome another Mainer! I am in Brunswick. A cool 30 minutes away!

Dude, that skyline shot is amazing. Simply brilliant, and brilliantly simple.

I'm a bit further north, up in Waterville. :) My wife has relatives down in the Portland-Lewiston area though which means I get down there every so often. I really, REALLY want to spend a day with a camera wandering Portland at some point.

I'm a bit further north, up in Waterville. :) My wife has relatives down in the Portland-Lewiston area though which means I get down there every so often. I really, REALLY want to spend a day with a camera wandering Portland at some point.

I do too. My girlfriend and I both shoot. So maybe we can arrange a Portland photowalk once the weather gets nicer if you'd be down for that.

I'm stuck in Point and Shoot Land at the moment, but if I have reason to get down there (gas, ugh... expensive these days!) I'll definitely let you know. :)

For now, any trips to the area are going to be medically related, so I won't have much time for actually playing tourist at all. :-/

Most reactions

Back