I'm not too keen about the surrounding area. The color of the cover does not offer enough of a contrast to make the dog's outfit to pop. It doesn't seem that your focus is on the eyes. Lastly, the eyes seem dead without any catch lights and lack of detail (could be the focus).
I'll put a bandana on my dog, but that's about it.... okay, a raincoat when needed. But that's me. I would like to ask the holier-than-thou responders if they have never had a chuckle when seeing an animal dressed up, I know I have. This is a cute photo.
Thanks for your work blondie621 with animal rescue. I volunteer at my local animal shelter. I'm not set up for fostering, but I applaud all that do. Well done.
Oh, yeah, one more thing. The title should be something like Little Blue Riding Hood or something like that. I was expecting to see a deer.