developed last night

camera: Norita 66 with 80mm f/2 lens
flash: vivitar 285hv
film: Tri-X rated 800, developed in Diafine
scanned from neg

rkreplay3.jpg

rkreplay2.jpg

Interesting shots .
That dudes got a quirky look about him. might be good for a one on one photo session.
Tri-X pushed? Not seein much grain but the contrast is def. there. Wait you're shootin TLR? If so that would explain the absence of grain. Med. format film.

Neat stuff. Keep it up.

What flash are you using?

Edit:
camera: Norita 66 with 80mm f/2 lens
flash: vivitar 285hv
film: Tri-X rated 800, developed in Diafine
scanned from neg
I'm blind... :er:

Diafine is a two bath compensating developer. You can't really push in the developing process because agitation, temp, and time don't make much difference compared to a single bath developer. The chart on the box claims that you should double the ISO of most traditional BW films (not tabular grain films: Tmax, Delta, etc...); this is just the standard speed of the films with this developer. With Tri-X 400 it's supposed to jump to ISO 1600. I've had good results at 1250, but with flash I've just been metering for 800.

The contrast in this image file has been increased has been tweaked in levels and curves to reflect how it would look after I print it. Here there is a loss of detail in the shadows that would show in a closely examined print. The neg itself is very low contrast because 2 bath developers exhaust in the highlights, while letting the shadows keep developing.

This is Rob and his girlfriend Kelly. Rob is a punk rock front man; I've been photographing his bands for years.

Most reactions

Back