Baseball C&C

CourtneyAK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few photos I took this spring during my sons Regional baseball tournament. All taken with my moms camera in which I had just picked up for the first time, with no prior photography knowledge. Baseball is starting up again soon, and just wanted to fine tune some things beforehand! Would love some C&C on these shots!
Thanks!
~Courtney

1 $catch3 (423x640).jpg
2$catcher (640x423).jpg
3$pitch2 (640x426).jpg

4$pitching (413x640).jpg
5$hunterpitch (418x640).jpg
6$safe (640x409).jpg

It's a good start. In most of these you could bump the exposure up a little to get the faces exposed a little brighter, maybe 1/2 to 2/4 stop at least. If using an auto exposure that's easily done with a quick exposure compensation adjustment, if manual, well then you would know how to bump it up a bit then.

Now you need to work on your timing and composition to get the action, try not to center everything giving them all the "bullseyed" center of the frame look.

On your cather shots like #1, move up the first base line a little so you are looking in at his face more. Shots like #2 need to be tightened up a little which shooting in portrait mode instead of landscape will help. Pitchers need some room to move into on their follow through, so in #3 leave more room to the area he is going into, leave out the dead space behind him where nothing is going on. #6, that's one where you need to get all the elements of the play in the shot, touching the base is crucial for this shot to work.

good luck shooting more baseball this season, baseball season is still a few months off around here.

Thanks! Everything was taken from behind the fence, shooting through the fence. Which limits a little bit on which angles I was able to get.

We've been in training since November, the actual season doesn't start until May. Which will be here before I know it!

Most reactions

Back