Be Careful Out There

digital flower

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
digitalflowerpictures.com
This story really saddened me. They showed some of the guys pictures on the local news here and they looked very good.

Nab Finest in DWI Bridge Horror

BY VERONIKA BELENKAYA and ALISON GENDAR
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

A drunken off-duty cop struck and killed a photographer taking pictures on the Queensboro Bridge early yesterday - after swerving around a dump truck, several barrels and traffic cones to get onto a closed section of the span, sources said.

Housing cop Brandon Colon, 30, slammed his SUV into Julio Alberto Ortega-Moncada at 3:40 a.m. while the Queens artist walked along the outer roadway taking pictures of the skyline, sources said.

Photographer Killed/Daily News Article

This was a thought in my mind yesterday as I took photos from a bridge. I was shooting photos for a magazine article that required pictures of a scuba diving site on the New River. All of the pictures I have seen of the site are from the ground level. So I figured why not shoot from the bridge.

Traffic is pretty bad on the bridge as it is a 4 lane road reduced to 2 on one bridge as the second bridge is condemned. I saw several cars drift over the white line to see if they could scare me. Jerks.

I figured I would either get run over or the cops would be called for me taking pictures while I was under the bridge shooting.

The key is to stay safe and remember not to keep your eye in the viewfinder.

Most reactions

Back