What's new

Beach Panos

Allen

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 21, 2005
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C always welcome.

A few from today:

Carlsbad_Beach.jpg

Carlsbad Beach

Encinitas_Beach.jpg

Encinitas Beach

And when you look down:

Carlsbad_Beach_2.jpg
 
Last edited:
Allen,

second is very good; first looks underexposed; third lacks a any captivating object, i am afraid

Regards :)
 
Thanks Frequency.

You know, last night the first image did not look so dark to me, this morning however, it's obvious I knackered that one up.

Aside from the exposure, is the black line too distracting? That's a stitch of two images (used a tilt shift lens--two exposures shifted to opposite extremes). Since the waves moved between shots they wouldn't line up so I added the line to separate the images.
 
The line is too distracting. It could easily be fixed though. It is alot too dark, though. Brighten it up, quick curves adjustment, and it will all be okay :mrgreen:. The second is a tad too blurry to me. There's too much going on and there is no real focal point. It is a personal preference, though. Some think an explicit subject isnt necessary. The third has a good idea behind it. I think if you could have gotten a tad higher and more level with the sand level, this would have worked much better.

:thumbsup:
Mark
 
I like the 1st one too and work work on that one. If that is a person all the way over on the right, if it were me I'd take them out.
 
Thanks Mark.

I think the reason I so badly knackered the first image is because I processed it on my laptop. Its screen brightness varies to correspond to ambient light; a great feature for reading, not so much for image processing.
 
Thanks Mark.

I think the reason I so badly knackered the first image is because I processed it on my laptop. Its screen brightness varies to correspond to ambient light; a great feature for reading, not so much for image processing.

Turn it off? (Personally I found it annoying at all times. Just moving my head made the screen flicker...)
 
Thanks Mark.

I think the reason I so badly knackered the first image is because I processed it on my laptop. Its screen brightness varies to correspond to ambient light; a great feature for reading, not so much for image processing.

Turn it off? (Personally I found it annoying at all times. Just moving my head made the screen flicker...)

Haven't found the off button to it yet (newish laptop).
 
#1 - Perhaps consider turning this into a triptych by adding another black line. I don't mind the darker exposure, but the vignetting is not to my liking.

#2 - Very Alfred Hitchcock-ish. :biggrin:

#3 - I really like the geometry of this one. :thumbsup:
 
I'm revisiting this one. This time actually paying attention to the histogram.
Carlsbad_Beach_Right.jpg

Left

Carlsbad_Beach_Left.jpg

Right

The difference between the two is what's in the middle of the lines.
One the right image is the top layer, the other the left.

Any better as a triptych? Any preference between right or left dominance?
The vignetting is from the camera. I'm shifted to the edge of the image circle.

Oh, and because I saw a thread somewhere saying folks wanted it listed: shot on a D5 with a 24mm T/S lens.
 
Last edited:
I'm also revisiting this one. Thinking about making it a VanDyke.

Encinitas.jpg
 
Allen,
I think the older version is better; this looks more chaotic, in a close up; let others comment

Regards :)
 
Thanks Freq.
 
This is why I was revisiting that image.
VanDyke_Seagulls.jpg
 
I don't know about the one above... looks like something one could do with one click on a photo booth or an iphone app. I still prefer the unedited #2 bird one. Try playing around with the colours, desaturate certain colours and saturate others.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom