Beach shots from today (1st pics shared)

claned

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Scenes from the beach
2648716612_dfbf279e8b_b.jpg

2647941591_95f66f2130_b.jpg

2647942201_6df0a875b3_b.jpg

2647940041_8e1d64bdee_b.jpg

(This one might be a tad too vivid. Darn that Patron Margarita at Islamorada Fish Co. One should not edit under the influence, lol!)

Please C&C,etc. I am a new D40 user, these were taken in aperture priority mode around 4pm-ish on a walk with hubby and the kids. There are more on my photostream here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/claned/sets/72157606041951044/

The stacked chairs speaks most to me on an artistic level. However, the little "croc" speaks to me as a father of a 3 year old addicted to his "crocs"

Those two would be my picks. Of the two perhaps a little less grass in the first and a little more DOF in the second. :) Good work all.

I really like your creativity and ideas here! Though I don't totally agree with the "croc addiction thing" (sorry Tyjax) I do totally agree with the recommendations on the grass and focal depth. The excess grass is a tad too distracting. It also kinda looks like the auto-focus was tricked into focusing on the grass... maybe it's just me. Super important to make sure your subject really stands out the most. Great idea though!

As with the focal depth on the second, a bit smaller of an aperture (meaning a bigger number... just in case you're confused about that like I was for the longest time, haha!) would surely make sure that all your shells come out nice and sharp. (that's almost a tongue twister!) It looks like it was bright enough that you probably would have been able to get some fast enough shutter speeds at the same time... so that the handheldness (is that even a word?) is still good.

You really have a fantastic eye for photography. Keep it up!! :)

(PS: Don't mind my silly little bits of humour...)

Thanks Tyjax and Jordi. Yeah, the crocs are a love/hate sort of thing. Either you love em or hate em. I finally pulled my hubby to the dark side and bought him some crocs for fishing-wear. The kids and I live in ours.

I am working through Understanding Exposure and plan to get Learning to See Creatively next.

Most reactions

Back