~2~

8-06-2006015.jpg

~3~

8-06-2006028.jpg

~4~

8-06-2006033-2.jpg

just a wee bit over exposed or flat 'not contrasty enough"
The tracks is cool. #1 I think IMO would look great in B&W

Thanks for the suggestion, Kevin ;). I'd convert it to B&W right now, but can't use Photoshop at the moment... If someone wants to do it, I won't mind ;).

I travel those roads every once in awhile as I am from Connecticut as well. A cicrular polarizer I think would make the contrast a little nicer/more enjoyable.

i live #3, nice.

I had a little play with the second, hoping you wouldn't mind, but you said you wouldn't. Photobucket might have downsized it to "TINY" though, let's see:

Knopka_8-06-2006015_myedit.jpg

Yeah, thought they would have done so, with so many leaves and tiny things in the picture. Dang... sorry. Can't help that.

Nice series. The tracks are really a super shot. You might try converting your landscapes to B&W. Its nice to see there are more Connecticut members here :thumbup:

The highway is Route 8 and there used to be a biker type roadhouse right off it in Beacon Falls. It was called Benny's Inn. The band I was in played there about 20 times, you never knew what was going to happen (it could get pretty rough). Thanks for bringing back some memories, I haven't been up that way in awhile.

I agree that a CLP would have helped the images,except the tracks. You could also try a GND filter. I travel RT. 8 every day. What was your vantage point?
In the winter as you travel north,toward Naugatuck, look up to the left before the mountain ends and there is a spot that seems to always have a frozen waterfall coming off of the top. There is a safe place to shoot it from, if on the Northbound side.

Nice shot of Rte 8. Used to live in Seymour a few plus years ago. Like the pics but I agree, they are a litte overexposed. Love the shot of the tracks.

Most reactions

Back