Beautiful Person

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ellen is such a nice lady. Positive speaking, edifying, and well spoken. Shot with Fujifilm X-Pro 2, 60mm macro, natural light. Itried to place some catch light in her eyes but her glasses were messing with me to do so.
DSCF6432E%20BW-01.jpeg

Yes, begging for shadows but the laugh is saving it.

The lighting is sorta flat.

The reflector was not cooperating with me. Not sure how to get around that yet. I tried various things in post but my skill in that area is pretty much nil.

Ellen is such a nice lady. Positive speaking, edifying, and well spoken. Shot with Fujifilm X-Pro 2, 60mm macro, natural light. Itried to place some catch light in her eyes but her glasses were messing with me to do so. View attachment 151658

I think it's really a nice portrait, but still needs some work afterwards.
No complicated operations, use the 'contrast/brightness' and 'curves' sliders a bit, that's all I've done in this case.
Because I do not like the background so much, I've removed some irregularities (clone tool), just my personal taste!
Perhaps the least beautiful thing of this portrait is the cut-out through the head and the too large space at the bottom of the photo.
That's why I cut away an extra piece both above and below (yes I know, sounds logical), so creating a new balance in the composition.
I know you're using Mac, so why not try this free software: Gimp (GIMP - Downloads) and Raw Therapee (RawTherapee Downloads)
Obviously this edit is only my opinion.

Gerard
View attachment 151780

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back