p1063523679-4.jpg

p795818019-4.jpg

p884053674-4.jpg

p586903362-4.jpg

p784485209-4.jpg

p980934329-4.jpg

Gross.

Awesome pics, though. Just... eugh, bugs :grumpy: :thumbup:

Thanks. I kind of gave away that it is bugs by the title....I'm never sure why bug haters enter the bug threads if they think they're gross.

Thanks. I kind of gave away that it is bugs by the title....I'm never sure why bug haters enter the bug threads if they think they're gross.
I go into every thread. whatev,,,

Im new here and im just blown away by these, is this what a macro lens can do? I also have a D90, if i get a macro lens will i be able to get pictures like these?

Im new here and im just blown away by these, is this what a macro lens can do? I also have a D90, if i get a macro lens will i be able to get pictures like these?

Simple answer, yes, Macro lenses are great for extreme close ups

Simple answer, yes, Macro lenses are great for extreme close ups

Actually, the simple answer is no. A macro lens alone on your D90 will not get you shots like these. For one, I was using a full Kenko Extension tube set with these so it is about 1.7:1 magnification...much more than a regular macro lens. Second, you have to have a decent lighting setup or a good tripod. I shoot with a SB-600 at about a 40 degrees to the left of the camera.

I just want to make sure you understand that a macro lens alone will not get shots like these. You could do it without a flash if you have a tripod, but when you get into the range of near 2:1 magnification you will need either a flash setup or a really good tripod to keep shots steady.

Nate, you just take amazing photos. Do you ever shoot without the speedlight setup? Your photos turn out great how they are, but I was just curious if you ever shoot with natural light only, too.(?)

Mark

Nate, you just take amazing photos. Do you ever shoot without the speedlight setup? Your photos turn out great how they are, but I was just curious if you ever shoot with natural light only, too.(?)

Mark

I've only tried natural light shots a couple of times without much luck. I feel that I really need a good tripod to get natural light shots that are any good and I don't own a good tripod..just a cheap 50 dollar one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back