What's new

Beer porn

AK47J

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 31, 2014
Messages
101
Reaction score
41
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shallow DOF experiment with new A6000 and old Rokkor 50mm f1.2

NewBelgium.jpg
 
I love me a good Snapshot. Great beer-just a hint of hops, great flavor, blah blah blah I like beer.

Anyway, WONDERFUL bokeh, but I think it might be a bit soft wide open. The Snapshot isn't overly sharp, but that's probably how that lens operates wide open. I'd bet it sharpens up a LOT at f2.8.
 
I love me a good Snapshot. Great beer-just a hint of hops, great flavor, blah blah blah I like beer.

Anyway, WONDERFUL bokeh, but I think it might be a bit soft wide open. The Snapshot isn't overly sharp, but that's probably how that lens operates wide open. I'd bet it sharpens up a LOT at f2.8.

I will play around with stopping it down later. This shot was both a DOF and low light trial. At f1.2, this lens gathers so much light!
 
I like it! I second that it could be a little sharper, but a good experiment none the less. Now, on a completely unrelated note, I am gonna go have a beer :p
 
So, whaddaya' think of the new garage sale 50/1.2 so far? How does it feel and work on the new A6000?
 
So, whaddaya' think of the new garage sale 50/1.2 so far? How does it feel and work on the new A6000?

The lens itself is practically new, like someone bought it, used it for a week and stuck it in a closet for 30+ years. So it is functionally perfect. I really like it, but have only used it a little bit. Took some shots of the smoke from a near by forest fire while the sun was setting, the beer shot, and a few of the roomies kitty, that's about it. Wide open it gathers more light than I thought possible. It makes shots look much more "lit" than they actually are. I need to play with it more, but I see it replacing my Hexanon 50/1.4 as my "go-to" lens for low light, outdoor, fun experiments, etc.
 
Nice shot. It would be fun to play with focus stacking on a shot like this too.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom