Beginner Photographer Looking for Help

HaydenS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's some of the only black and white photography I've done this far. I don't have photoshop yet - so these pictures have only been edited for crops / contrast edits. I'd love C&C as I've only had the camera a couple of months and am still soaking up everything I can get my hands on and learning all that I can.

2250169154_a4afe6beaf_b.jpg

2249373061_4b350a6b44_b.jpg

2250169728_263fb67569_b.jpg

Thanks for looking and remember - PLEASE POST regardless of what you want to say.

Hayden Schottlaender

Here's a few more actually...

2250183094_1b80fe194f_b.jpg

2249387271_8c37899f84_b.jpg

2250183368_3ef5d2b4e4_b.jpg

my thoughts,
1. Cool but has too much in the picture... I would crop
2. I love it. Perfect.
3. You could've done a lot of cool stuff with that tunnel. The pic is still impressive because it brings the eye down that path.
4. I love the coloring, it's a nice vintage look.
5. I love this. It's awesome. Nice suburb neighborhood pic.
6. Needs something... less distortion.

Overall I think you are pretty good!

1. There's nothing my eyes can focus on. Tighter crop would be good.
2. Absolutely stunning shot, love it.
3. It looks slightly out of focus for me and the composition could've been better.
4. I like what you've done to it. And btw you could get rid of that little black spot of something on the left hand side. It's above the rock(?) in the corner.
5. Great shot. The lines lead my eyes into the photo. Brilliant.
6. I like the composition, but the highlights seem to be blown out a little.

Good work.

I like the abstract approach to the first 3 images. The 1st could probably do with a bit of a crop (top and RHS) and a bit of a contrast boost. Second and third I rather like as is. Nice use of DOF on all 3 shots (pretty bang-on perfect I'd say!)

Not too much of a fan of selective colouring (but I think it's something we all need to try :)). The two tower shots are okay ... nothing to get excited about though (if i'm to be brutally frank).

I think you've got a pretty good eye for a shot. Keep up the good work :)

2 is my fave....

on the selective colouring one, your horizon is crooked. for me, that takes away from the whole 'lines leading the eyes down the road' thing and just spoils it.

LOVE 2. it looks brown to me, not black. what is it?

great job. For the selective coloring one, I might have lowered the opacity of the color a bit, seems like too much for me...just my opinion though...

Haha i'm not sure if everyone knows what 2 is but I'm glad you all liked it. I just happened to have my camera when I was at the airport, I sorta liked the lights on the ceiling so I just took a quick picture of them.

After cropping / rotating / contrast editing - i got that.

Thanks for the kind words and I will play around with the selective coloring one some more. I kinda like it...

I really like #2! I think it works really well in B&W

Most reactions

Back