Beginner: What mode do you commonly shoot in??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Action that moves rapidly I often shoot on Aperture Priority auto,especially with Nikons which have light metering I can trust.

*gasp*. No other brand has light metering that you can trust? I should let the other million some photographers out there that aren't shooting Nikon know this. Whatever will we do?

:er:

Action that moves rapidly I often shoot on Aperture Priority auto,especially with Nikons which have light metering I can trust.

*gasp*. No other brand has light metering that you can trust? I should let the other million some photographers out there that aren't shooting Nikon know this. Whatever will we do?

Man .... VI, why didn't you tell me to buy Nikon in the beginning. No wonder all my photos sucks!! It must be my Canon camera.

Let me find a Nikon sticker and see if that will help.

I always shoot manual. I am surprised by the answers. Why wouldn't you want to control your photograph? Why wouldn't everything be manual? The only time my camera is on anything but manual is when I am asking someone else to take a picture, then I put it on program.

Your statement is no different than I thumbing my nose at you for using Auto Focus. Don't you want more control over the focus of your photos? Oh.. you say it isn't fast enough? Then it sounds like you need practice... Why do we even meter for every shot? With practice you should be able to meter once-in-a-while and "eye" the rest....

Joking aside... you can have just as much control given a firm understanding of the camera's operation and exposure. Just different tools in the toolbox.

I disagree. The camera is setting itself based on the light coming into it. You are there with your brain and you know what you are trying to achieve. You tell the camera what to do, not the other way around. If you need DOF, then set your aperature and go with it. If you need a long or slow shutter speed, set it and go with it. How is asking the camera to guess another tool in the toolbox?

Man .... VI, why didn't you tell me to buy Nikon in the beginning. No wonder all my photos sucks!! It must be my Canon camera.

Let me find a Nikon sticker and see if that will help.
You claim to "support the pact" yet this type of response belies your sincerity. Don't start a flame war by piling on the nonsense.

Do you also support "the pact" or are you another one who just can't resist a jab? :er: If another member's choice of camera really bugs you, try the Ignore List feature.

And revise your signature, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back