Behind The Red Door

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There is an old abandoned warehouse right on the highway, that has sparked my curiosity for years. The red door pock marked with a it's fair share of bullet holes, is like a magnet that draws me, and whispers gently as a spider to the fly, "come in to my parlor". Dare I brave the poison ivy, snakes, spiders and assorted other critters to step behind the door? C&C always welcome.

Red Door Warehouse06032017_342.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like doors like that !
Seems a little tilted.
The white wall seems a little muddy ... I think you need to boost the highlights.

I like doors like that !
Seems a little tilted.
The white wall seems a little muddy ... I think you need to boost the highlights.

Thanks. I'll revisit it again. The old building is in bad shape, hard to find a straight wall that matches. The color on the my original is pretty much spot on the actual color. The white is an accumulated mixture of paint, white wash, and mortar so it's not necessarily white to begin with.

That door must have stories. The knob and lock seem new.

If it wasn't for the red door this would be one of those nondescript buildings that would simply become invisible. I posted this on FB last night where a number of friends commented that they knew exactly where it was and that their curiosity had also been aroused over the years.

Cool and interesting. I'd go in there for sure. I have a few places I wore down to visit similar to that. Just finding the time.

Cool and interesting. I'd go in there for sure. I have a few places I wore down to visit similar to that. Just finding the time.

One of my friends commented last night that he'd go with me when I decided to investigate further. He's a big man about 6-4, 240#, mostly muscle, and scared to death of critters. Conditioned his attendance on being able to bring two shotguns (one in each hand). When I reminded him of our height difference requiring him to go first to clear the hangy down things, he added a flame thrower to the required equipment. LOL

Reminds me of the door in the popular movie "romancing the stone" The door opens and it is a paradise inside, Contrary to what the outside looks like.

The door opens and it is a paradise inside, Contrary to what the outside looks like.

Or it's the doorway to hell, waiting for some sucker like me to let his curiosity get the best of him! LOL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back