What's new

Being Watched

petereoin

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 16, 2009
Messages
135
Reaction score
25
Location
Dublin, Ireland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would like to know which photo is more appealing

# 1
Being-Watched1.jpg


# 2
Being-Watched.jpg


Thanks for looking
 
I can't give you a reason but I like the second one better :)
 
I prefer the second one but over all I think I would have used a deeper DoF for both renditions, not much deeper but deeper nont the less.
 
I like your thinking but the edges of the statue seem to defined giving the impression of Photoshop blur and not from the camera - I suspect all the image was in reasonable focus to start with.
 
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of your comments

Fangman, just to address your curiosity, the dof was in camera and not part of post processing (Photoshop), they are two seperate photos.
 
Second one because I feel like she's more the focal point based on the placement... or maybe my eye is just drawn there for some odd reason :)
 
The second one definitely catches my eye more. There is more detail that catches the eye in the front statue. In the 1st picture the dof brings so much of the trees in focus ~ and who hasn't seen tree's before you know? So you can make out the trees in the 2nd as well as the general shape/attitude of the statue in back even though they are out of focus. This works two-fold now because not only does the detail in the front statue draw your eye, but the background doesn't compete with it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom