TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
star.jpg

IMG_5128.jpg

These are, unfortunately, only reproductions of what you saw and don't bring anything new to the picture. IMO, to be successful a picture should incite some idea or feeling that transcends the actual content.

These are, unfortunately, only reproductions of what you saw and don't bring anything new to the picture. IMO, to be successful a picture should incite some idea or feeling that transcends the actual content.

Well, I do believe you have nailed the concept of photography on the head! Reproducing what you see... I am confused by your statement I must admit. Sometimes a picture is just supposed to capture a moment in time. I will smear some poo on it if you would like to transcend it ;)

Well, I do believe you have nailed the concept of photography on the head! Reproducing what you see... I am confused by your statement I must admit. Sometimes a picture is just supposed to capture a moment in time. I will smear some poo on it if you would like to transcend it ;)

Sorry, I can't be more specific but you know sometimes how you look at asomeone else's picture and it tells you something, makes you feel something, reminds you of something. That's a picture.

Unfortunately for me, when I look at these, all I see is the glass bangles, not much interesting composition, not much tension or drama, just pieces of glass, static.

No insult intended, just my opinion.
Maybe the poo would help after all.

Regards,

thrumyeyes, I like the title you chose for this thread. Of the two pics, the second one is my fave...I like the abstract look to the shapes and colors in the prism(?). There are some beautiful subtle shades of blue and purple depicted.

Hello

Focus on n2 seems not correct :grumpy:

Colour on n1 are not really attractive. To my opinion this kind of picture on which the subject is just one object should be technically perfect or with nice colours, this is very difficult picture to my opinon.

Mat

Hello

Focus on n2 seems not correct :grumpy:

Colour on n1 are not really attractive. To my opinion this kind of picture on which the subject is just one object should be technically perfect or with nice colours, this is very difficult picture to my opinon.

Mat

I agree with MrMatthieu (on both 1 and 2). The second one does have a focus issue, but it does have potentials. Maybe go in closer with a marco lens to capture what the crystal is reafracting, instead of just taking a picture of the crystal. Experiment with different colors or subjects to refract through that crystal. For exmple, someone's eye, or a red coke bottle.

I think what the_traveller was trying to say is that these pictures does not look like there is any effort in terms of making it "special". To me these 2 pictures do not "speak a thousand words". The camera is definitely there to reproduce the scene, but it is the photographer who puts the emotions into what the camera sees. Hope I am making sense :) .

Just out of curiousity, what is the theme, message, or emotions you were trying to convey?

Hmmm. I don't think I have a theme or was attempting to convey an emotion. I saw these in a window at someones house I was visiting, and thought they were interesting. It would have been impolite to have taken them down and started experimenting with them. Also, I was shoting with a 50mm prime lens, so macro activity was a bit limited.
I enjoy taking pictures that are pleasing to my eye. I am not sure that much emotion is ever really conveyed. But hopefully they are pleasing to someones eyes....

AppleSmall.jpg

boxes.jpg

TulipsSmall.jpg

BalconiesSmall.jpg

These are shots that are in my portfolio that I am proud of, but do not feel any emotion or message relayed in. Perhaps my photography has just not evolved to that stage. I am new to it all, and focus alot on symetry and balance. I will have to set out to take some photos that are just to express emotions.

but do not feel any emotion or message relayed in.

If they don't convery anything to you, why do you like them. I like them too.

IMO, compared to the last four you posted, the first two are empty.

If they don't convery anything to you, why do you like them. I like them too.
At the risk of sounding stupid, I like them because they are pretty.
(To me at least.)

IMO, compared to the last four you posted, the first two are empty.
I don't believe the first two are my best, but they can't all be winners ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back