Best affordable combined A3 Scanner/Printer for photo quality results?

Jon535

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello folks,
I'm new to this Forum. I have been looking into buying a combined A3 Scanner/Printer that actually scans A3 size as well as A3 printing photo quality. There seems to be a lot of choices so I thought I should ask here first rather than rush into it without doing any research.

I have found that some will print A3 & A3+ but only Scan A4 which is a bit misleading. Basically I want to scan & print large 600dpi images to photo quality paper. I don't want to spend more than £500 on a machine.
Just wondering in there is a better place to find out what is available. Like a sort of comparrison site maybe?

I currently use a gigantic Epson GT-15000 with an ADF unit. Looks ugly & leaves a big footprint.
I'm trying to fit a scanner & printer into the same space which is why I am looking at buying a combined scanner/printer. I know quality will not be as good as separates.

I hope some of you might be able to give me some friendly guidance.

All the best,

Jon

Just a thought, why not get the best A3 scanner you can get, and send the scans to a photo-lab for professional printing. I think it will work out cheaper in the long run, and you would probably get better results.

Hi gooner. Thanks for your suggestion but I would but I need to print one offs as & when needed. I'm not going to be wanting multiple copies.

Ok, I just think that getting the required quality for 500 squid is going to be tough. If time is an issue I guess I can understand the scanner/printer option. But If I send a file to the lab now, I can normally pick it up in 24h, for about 15 quid. With no extra costs whatsoever. What are you planning on scanning?

Ok, I just think that getting the required quality for 500 squid is going to be tough. If time is an issue I guess I can understand the scanner/printer option. But If I send a file to the lab now, I can normally pick it up in 24h, for about 15 quid. With no extra costs whatsoever. What are you planning on scanning?

Time is not the issue. The cost is & space is more the issue. I will only be selling the results for £10 - £12. I'm not a professional photographer. I am an archivist.

Time is not the issue. The cost is & space is more the issue. I will only be selling the results for £10 - £12. I'm not a professional photographer. I am an archivist.
Also consider older models so no need for buying the latest model.

Will you be scanning old books/maps/photos etc, and then print them on the same machine on A3 photo paper? Then sell them for around 10-12 quid each? I can't see you covering your costs if you plan on doing this.

Will you be scanning old books/maps/photos etc, and then print them on the same machine on A3 photo paper? Then sell them for around 10-12 quid each? I can't see you covering your costs if you plan on doing this.

Yes. I'm sure I could make the finished prints for around £2 each.

Most reactions

Back